Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   An endorsement for the Prowler (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10148)

Off Road 06-02-2012 11:39 AM

An endorsement for the Prowler

As many of you know, I've been helping my son get ready for football season, at his request.

His biggest downfall last year was his conditioning, he struggled all year with running. He would absolutely die running one lap around the track, always the last one in.

Our conditioning program for the last year involed nothing but running sprints to make him faster and pushing the Prowler to make him stronger and improve his conditioning. We haven't run any distances or laps.

Most of our sessions included Prowler pushes for different distances and using different loads. Some days we'd push it heavy for 10 yard laps. Other days we'd push it lighter for 20 or 40 yard laps. I would adjust the weight according to the distance and add weight progressively over the course of the year. No matter what weight or distance we pushed, he continued pushing laps until I saw him slow down and struggle a bit. Then we'd call it a day.

Well, football season is just over a month away for the little peewees, so I thought we'd better get some distance running in so he wan't "die" again. The first day out at the track he ran a warm-up lap, three sest of suicides, a final lap, and then volunteered to run another lap. Remeber, he used to die just running one lap.

His conditioning has increased a ton just from pushing the Prowler. Fantastic device!

BendtheBar 06-02-2012 04:33 PM

How do you like it for yourself OR? You feel pretty beat up after using it? Just wondering as an "older" athlete what the recovery demands are.

gaspers04 06-02-2012 04:35 PM

I want to get one or make one.

JacktheThriller 06-02-2012 07:36 PM

It looks sick a great addition to anyone's conditioning program

BigJosh 06-02-2012 10:55 PM

Great info. Where do you usually push it and on what kind of surface?

I've really been wanting to get one of these or a sled or something.

Off Road 06-02-2012 11:01 PM

I push it on my driveway which is about 60 yards long and made of asphault. I live in the country :)

Off Road 06-02-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 247398)
How do you like it for yourself OR? You feel pretty beat up after using it? Just wondering as an "older" athlete what the recovery demands are.

I am flat pooped when I'm done. It takes me a good ten minutes to get my breathing back to normal. But it works great and my conditioning has improved a great deal as well. The funny thing about the Prowler is that you don't really feel like you are working that hard until you stop and have to suck air for 10 minutes. By the end both me and my boy are draped over the side of my pickup trying not to fall down.

LtL 06-03-2012 01:09 AM

Love reading about you and your boy training together. I look forward to doing that with my kids. Great work.

LtL