Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
irongirl
Brawn
Points: 1,563, Level: 22 Points: 1,563, Level: 22 Points: 1,563, Level: 22
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

irongirl has made some very good postsirongirl has made some very good postsirongirl has made some very good postsirongirl has made some very good postsirongirl has made some very good postsirongirl has made some very good postsirongirl has made some very good postsirongirl has made some very good postsirongirl has made some very good postsirongirl has made some very good postsirongirl has made some very good posts
Default Your help please

I need your help for a friend of mine. She is very self conscious about her weight and has tried several times to lose weight. She hates how she looks and is very very unhappy with the size of her breast. She is large chested, probably a DD or larger. She wants to make her chest smaller, but is so against breast reduction. I told her to set up an account on her and ask questions about how she can reduce her chest size, but she is too embarrassed. I am doing this as a favor to her. I told her there is nothing to be embarrassed about but she still does not yet want an account. Please give me any info on how you think she can reduce her chest size and I will relay the message. Much thanks.
irongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
IronWill
Max Brawn
Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

Well, losing weight will help some. But probably not enough. There will most likely be excess skin issues to deal with also.

Last edited by IronWill; 05-12-2012 at 09:55 AM.
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

You cant "spot lose" weight. Overall weight loss will reduce the size of her chest -- and the rest of her body at the same time.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Weight loss and surgical is all I can think.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I think BtB just died a little...
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Very possible

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Part of me just died as well

To lose weight in any area, it has to come from overall weight loss.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
ffemtny
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributor

I died a bit too, perhaps if she got an enlargement she'd feel more proportionate and better about herself.
ffemtny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I realise that guys like boobs but they can cause all sorts of issues for women especially as they get larger; frozen shoulder being one of the problems that can be caused due to the excess weightload dragging the body forward.

Irongirl: chest fat, aka boobs, is the last place that tends to give up the fat on females (so it is said) but as general bodyfat diminishes then breast fat tends to as well...it's quite possible for your friend to go down in bra sizes and not need surgery or end up saggy. All of this, of course, depends on age and skin tone and elasticity etc. Then there are those few women that remain large breasted no matter how much bodyfat they lose which may also be the case for her. She'll know one way or the other once she starts dropping some bodyfat.

And guys, DD etc isn't necessarily larger than a C cup Bra sizes are complex things.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirl View Post
I need your help for a friend of mine. She is very self conscious about her weight and has tried several times to lose weight.
What were the bottom line causes for her failure to lose weight? And, I am not just pointing to base line fact that she just gave up, and went to back to eating habits that are contradictory to losing tissue.

But, rather....the underlining cause (s), that flipped the switch. The bottom line here is that she will meet these demons once again, it will not matter how many more attempts, and these MUST be examined, and then proactively and reactively dealt with on a personal level--within her lifestyle. If you can identify some of these causes, then I can give you some ideas/advice on how to best deal with them. An example cause: Emotional eating when stressed, makes her overeat, and surpass her caloric limitation. Or gets extremely hungry, and overeats, etc, etc.

She needs to learn the basics of dietary mechanics, and within this, learn how to apply "enough of herself" to get the job completed. On the diets she has been on before, what were they, and how were these set up? How long was she on these before she failed?

Answer these questions please.

Quote:
She hates how she looks and is very very unhappy with the size of her breast. She is large chested, probably a DD or larger. She wants to make her chest smaller, but is so against breast reduction. I told her to set up an account on her and ask questions about how she can reduce her chest size, but she is too embarrassed. I am doing this as a favor to her. I told her there is nothing to be embarrassed about but she still does not yet want an account. Please give me any info on how you think she can reduce her chest size and I will relay the message. Much thanks.
While its true, the body weight of a woman, can effect the size of their breasts, weight fluctuations (increase/decrease) also have an effect, as well as, genetic influence and disposition as well.

My point here is though she may lose some of the fat tissue within the breasts, as her weight reduces on an appropriate diet/exercise routine, their is a "possibility" that the reduction of fat tissue during the overall weight loss, still may leave her breasts large (though lower than DD). She will have to stay on a reduction diet, in order to find out what the real world disposition is.

And, this brings me to my second point, and potentially the most important. She is going to have to address the problems staying on diet, and her personal psychology with her self-esteem (I.E. how she views herself, and shyness in not wanting to address her own problems head on---herself), before she is going to be even remotely nearing 100 percent successful. She is playing physiological games in which her brain is not wanting to cash--though in reality, her body is just fine. If she wants our help, and wants help for herself...........bad enough, then she will make an account, and ask questions.

Can you explain the issues with her self-esteem?

And, answer my other questions, and I will post a response.

And, as always.........ROCK-ON! And lets rock this out together........as a team.

Best regards,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-15-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote