Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member
Default Band together, and bring out the best of us on the forum

I post the way I do, because I SINCERELY want to make people feel good about their selves in what they are wanting to accomplish.

but...

The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

(A swedish proverb)

Chillen in interpretation:

We all need support from other people. Love, encouragement, words of advice and friendship help us do things we never thought possible. When people are in your corner, you can feel like taking on any challenge.

As important as help from others may be----->it all has to start with you.

If you’re waiting for someone to solve your problems, or wondering when someone is “going to do something about that”, you may be waiting a long time unless you look to yourself first.

I do believe that the greatest good you can do for another person is not just to share your internal wealth but to reveal to another there own.

I believe everyone has buried treasures within them. Persons on this forum need someone to believe in them. They need to know that if they take that first step out of their comfort zone, someone will be supporting them all the way--with small words of encouragement, with just a little extra time, patience, and solid and fruitful advice. Band together and bring out the best in others.

Sometimes you will feel like the Incredible Hulk, where the weight you lift is light as a feather, and other days you will feel like Pee Wee Herman, when what was easy two days ago feels like a ton today!

Take it as it comes and adjust accordingly. Commit yourself to work hard when it is time to workout and you won’t regret that time spent, I promise brotha and sistas! Be consistent and persistent! This WINS! This also, ROCKS!

Lend a helping hand, a word of encouragement, and put a smile on someones face today and.............everyday.....there is not enough of this going around. And, at the end of the day, when we all band together, we will be a unique forum and no one will ever be able to touch us.

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
exfatman
New Brawn
Points: 208, Level: 4 Points: 208, Level: 4 Points: 208, Level: 4
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

exfatman is off to a bad start

Wow Chillen you make some great points. How inspirational.
exfatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Chillen
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exfatman View Post
Wow Chillen you make some great points. How inspirational.
Thank you! I hope it touched your heart, and lit a fire under you, and make you realize you can be everything you want and then some more, man.

Glad to see you joined the forum!

Have you thought about creating a journal here?

Best regards,

Chillen

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 05-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Strong post Chillen. Lot of meaning there.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

This is just another in a long list of excellent, thoughtful and thought-provoking posts Chillen.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

Chillen you know how to inspire anyone. This is actually deep an I will remember this an everything you say to help get me better. Thanks Chillen for all this inspiring message.
Dead Lift: 501

GYM PR
Squat: 405
Bench: 285
Dead Lift: 475

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
This is just another in a long list of excellent, thoughtful and thought-provoking posts Chillen.
Kuytrider, thank you.

The road of anger, resentment, hurting one another on who we are trying to be, and passion toward belittling another in a disagreement (etc), is heavily traveled, and once engaged the participants are normally addicted to its negative tendencies like a swarm of ants on sugar.

This virus and is associated disease is all over the net, on forums, within families, and other forms of relationships, and attracts flies due to the cracked bleeding wounds these tend to create.

In this, most do not have the ability to change the way they view things, which would bring a change in (attitude, etc) in what the actually view. Our eyes only have the power of vision that we give them; One who is not satisfied with himself will grow; one who is not sure of his own correctness will learn many things. Because the infectious virus "infected them with a disease of blurred vision" and a side effect of a close mind and heart.

And, this is where our beloved forum comes in. We have to set the example, of togetherness, teamwork, fellowship toward man and woman, respect one another even through difficult times, show our members their worth and value.

Forum members of this personal character do not need a situation to generate courage or assistance; it is a part of our being and a standard approach to all life's challenges, and toward all members, and human beings. This is our prescription drug to the virus that is causing the disease in killing off love and kindness toward the fellow man and woman. We will be much happier, and as group more content, more powerful, and immune to any all negatives that get on are highway within our journey.

I treat my employees this way, and I treat all forum members in which I respond to in this manner. My intent is pure and honest, with no motive other than to assist another human being in their life toward their goal--no matter what this personal goal is.

Peace and happiness to you, and again, thank you for your kind words.

Chillen

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 05-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Strong post Chillen. Lot of meaning there.
Thank you Fazc. We are at our toughest and meanest when we are a team, covering each others back. WE can disagree on concepts, etc, but its the way in which respond to disagreements, that make the difference.....We can still have peace and harmony----while disagreeing, if our attitude is right.

WE need to bring out all we can in others, and prove that positive responses and togetherness, wins the battle.

Period.

Again, thank you

Chillen

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-14-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
hardgainerTOM
New Brawn
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

hardgainerTOM is off to a good starthardgainerTOM is off to a good starthardgainerTOM is off to a good start

Chillen you are the man. great post. I look forward to many more of them It has such meaning to it that it really does make you think!
hardgainerTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardgainerTOM View Post
Chillen you are the man. great post. I look forward to many more of them It has such meaning to it that it really does make you think!

Thanks man!

How is the day hoppen'?! Have you made a journal on the forum yet?
If not, lets do it! K?! Get rocken, man!

Just remember this. If you learn something..each day...and are able to apply what is learned, then there is no such thing as a hard gainer. Because the mind is easily gaining knowledge, while the body is sewing the rewards of action.

And, by this, you will never, ever, live up to your name...........but rather be a easy gainer...

Time tests all men. The time under the iron, will teach everyone, that this is a life long pursuit--whether you compete or not, go on stage or not, the iron will always be there and you must keep time under the bar to maintain or you simply lose it; you simply adapt and make different goals.

The Iron never lies to you. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. We are brothers to the end.

Much peace and happiness to you.

Chillen

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168: