Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine
Default Funny Gym Story

Me and my buddy were sharing a power pad, he was clean and pressing i was squatting. My buddy was using BUMPER plates on a POWER PAD, and dropping them after he got it up(he got 225x1) Some guy who was using bosu balls and resistance bands for his workout comes up to us and says" you guys are going to break the pad if you keep dropping weights on it" I couldnt do anything more then give him a funny look because i cant believe what i just heard my buddy snaps back" go back to your bosu balls and resitance bands and leave the lifting to the men" cue hysterical laughter. We see him walk to the front desk to complain but it would seem they didnt care much for what he had to say.
SeventySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
ffemtny
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributor

I've had similiar happen, as we have a no slamming policy on the list of rules at the "fitness" center I go/went to. I was loading a bar and all of 6' 140# comes up to and tells me to stop slamming the weights, and I then explained I was only clanking them and slamming is letting them hit the floor, he was still upset and wanted me to know I was disturbing his workout, all the while people were starting to watch so before it got ridiculous I told him to invest in an ipod and have a good day sir. Girl at the desk said he send e-mails to the owner all the time complaining about everything and anything and she'll let me know what he wrote this go round.
ffemtny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Unfortunately, I have quite a few similar stories myself. Leave it to people to ruin a good thing!

It is a high priority of mine to set up a home gym when I return to the States.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

There's this idiot at my gym who sometimes drops a loaded barbell. One of the the owners Daughter gets upset by this, and tells the co owner about the event. This usually leads to the idiot getting a talking too, by one of the owners of the gym.

The last time a barbell was dropped by the idiot, mirrors were smashed, and damages were done. The idiot is still a member.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
jhew
Master of disaster
New Brawn
Points: 580, Level: 11 Points: 580, Level: 11 Points: 580, Level: 11

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: DEADLIFT
Fav Supp: FOOD
jhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good postsjhew has made some very good posts

.... this is the reason I train at home.
jhew is offline   Reply With Quote