Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member
Default Let me explain my self in this rant.

I have been getting blasted with all these kids and people that go to the gym 2 or 3 days a week and do cross training and lift 50% of what they are capable of. Eat like crap and label them selves a bodybuilder.

People can't see my point but yet the same people used to poke fun of Coop behind his back for calling himself a bodybuilder and power lifter.

NO diffrence.

There is no such thing as a weight lifter anymore, eather your a Bodybuilder or a Power lifter.

I guess my 11 year old son is a power lifter and my 2 training partners are bodybuilders then.

NO they don't even call themselves bodybuilders or power lifters.

They call themselves weight lifters because they don't go threw all the detail work that Power lifters or bodybuilders go threw.

Now days Richard Simonds would be classified as a bodybuilder.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Now days Richard Simonds would be classified as a bodybuilder.
Haha...That puts it in perspective.
Richard Simmons says, "Dance your way into contest shape. Let's go Girls."
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Funny you bring this up. I have this guy at work that keeps calling himself a "bodybuilder" keeps on bothering me about being either a Power lifter or Bodybuilder. I tell him every time that I am a weightlifter and I am not a Power lifter nor am I a bodybuilder.
Yesterday at lunch I kind of got tired of it and asked him that how can I be one or the other when I don't compete in either nor am I training to compete in either?

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

My point was Rich that I don't see why it's a problem if someone calls themself a bodybuilder/powerlifter and doesn't compete. Maybe if we help and advise these young lifters instead of shunning them and telling them that they can't call themselves a bodybuilder or a powerlifter, then we can keep our respective sports alive. Let's face it neither PL nor BB enjoys that big a share of the market and that tiny share becomes even smaller when we look at just the naturals. We can't afford to miss out on bringing young people into the respective folds.

Yes I know the ratios will suck and we will have 100 wannabes but for me, it'll be worth it if I can inspire just one young person to better themselves through dedication and finally step on the platform/stage.

I'd like to finish by saying that none of this is not personal. I have the utmost respect for you and what you have achieved. I just don't agree with this one opinion.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Bodybuilder - Someone who competes in physique competitions
Powerlifter - Somebody that competes the Sqaut, Bench, and Deadlift
Weightlifter - Somebody that competes the Olympic lifts
Physical Culturalist - Somebody who practices the above without competing
Gym Bunny - Somebody that goes to the gym with no clear purpose
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

You both make good points also.

Let me add that why it burns me a little also is because you all don't see it but yes there are Power Lifters and Bodybuilders out there that bash people like me and say we are not bodybuilders or powerlifters because we can not build our legs.

We pound it hard, diet hard and roll the stage and yet we are not bodybuilders but this cross training, soda on the tread mill guy is???

I even had a show promoter and gym owner, tell me I can't be a bodybuilder because I couldn't do my legs. I used to do his show a lot when I could stand. I did his show once since I have been in a chair and thats because he was told he had to have a w/c class. I have never done his show since, and never will.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 03-14-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
You both make good points also.

Let me add that why it burns me a little also is because you all don't see it but yes there are Power Lifters and Bodybuilders out there that bash people like me and say we are not bodybuilders or powerlifters because we can not build our legs.

We pound it hard, diet hard and roll the stage and yet we are not bodybuilders but this cross training, soda on the tread mill guy is???

I even had a show promoter and gym owner, tell me I can't be a bodybuilder because I couldn't do my legs. I used to do his show a lot when I could stand. I did his show once since I have been in a chair and thats because he was told he had to have a w/c class. I have never done his show since, and never will.
They are idiots and I'm sorry you have to put up with that crap.

LtL
Old 03-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
My point was Rich that I don't see why it's a problem if someone calls themself a bodybuilder/powerlifter and doesn't compete. Maybe if we help and advise these young lifters instead of shunning them and telling them that they can't call themselves a bodybuilder or a powerlifter, then we can keep our respective sports alive.

LtL
I didn't think it was a shun pointing out "Bodybuilder in training". Now if I asked for them to not call themselves a bodybuilder, ya that would have been harsher and as you call it "a shun".

Old 03-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
They are idiots and I'm sorry you have to put up with that crap.

LtL
Its part of the daily fight we wheelchair bodybuilders go threw LtL. I am just glad there isn't anyone here like that.

Much respect LtL.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:

Much respect LtL.
Right back at you.

LtL