Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!
Default Real Men Are Big

vs.

Seriously. Which of the two males do you think would have a better chance of surviving in
1) A post-apocalyptic wasteland
2) A bar fight
3) Prison
4) A mugging
5) A trip to grandma's where you forgot to pack snacks

This is not to say that men have to be fat, but the current obsession with waif thin males is getting under my skin. This is mostly an unorganized rant, so here are a few other observations.

Grandmothers want their daughters to marry big, strong men. The younger girls don't understand hardship the way the older generation does. A big, strong man can provide for his family even if an office closes down. He can hunt, protect, and has enough fat on him to give up his own food so his wife and children don't have to go hungry.

I see the same thing with a lot of the Cambodian/Laotian/Thai girls I know. They want a man that can ride a tiger into battle against raiders.

Blacksmithing is pretty damn manly.

Its usually the skinny wimps that think they want anarchy, but only if there are rules imposed on us big guys so we don't take their food and their women.

Pizza is not a vegetable. That's why there is a salad bar. If you can't eat a pizza and a salad, you aren't trying hard enough.

Intelligence is more than just "book-learnin" but if you can't read and somehow made it through high school, there's a problem. Real men need to be able to solve problems quickly and communicate well. You can't do that without the ability to read and write.

The willingness to sacrifice for our families makes us men, not impregnating various women and wearing hats with the price tag still on them while talking about how "hard" you are whilst working at Taco Bell.

Tattoos are pretty cool, but they don't make you a man.

Pull up your pants. Its difficult to fight ninjas riding in on polar bears if your pants keep falling off.

Drinking, smoking, and swearing are fine, but NEVER in front of children.

Learn to cook. Grilling steaks is about as manly as it gets, but be handy with other forms as well. With the savings from not eating at restaurants, you can more easily afford to send your kids to a good school.

Love your family. Nothing is weaker than a man who will not show love to his family.

Hate and love go hand in hand. We hate anything that would cause our families harm. Don't let it get out of hand though, use it to conquer the issue quickly and then let it go.

Moar bacon.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I approve of this message. 70s big is the new P90x.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

It is amazing that people used to cite Arnold as a prime example of what people lifting weights should be. Mr. Olympia, ripped but big and strong as hell (I read he could deadlift 710 pounds ) a fine achievement if true. Now it's more geared towards aesthetics and few people want to be like Arnold anymore. Having a six pack is pretty cool but being strong is as well and the BB'ers on MAB prove that you can be in awesome shape, be big and strong.

I think much of what you say Brute is aimed at the younger punks in society who act like hard men when aiming their vitriol at old women and people physically weaker than them or if they have their 'posse' but will run away if a genuine threat fights back.

They want everything but will work for nothing.
They demand respect but give none in return.
They claim to be rebels but don't know what they rebel against.

I rarely go to my hometown anymore but I do know it is filled with punks like these. Good rant Brute
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Blacksmithing is pretty damn manly.
Funny you say that, that's all I wanted to be when I was a kid!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post

Love those videos. They never get old. There is something so refreshing to me about that era. As Doug says, I don't do tricks. I'm not a clown.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Al I ever wanted to be as a kid was the 3rd Road Warrior.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I have a crazy theroy about the decline of "manliness" in our culture. But I'll keep it to myself since it's pretty "out there" and not at all P.C.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Avtually, today i overhead pressed my roommate for a tripple and sayd to him that anyone below 90kgs is a woman.. (hes about 80kg) just our way of joking but got that in mind when reading this

Good post brute
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I have taught my kids that manhood starts with +200 lbs and an XXL t-shirt
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote