Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #11
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

There are always exceptions, and obviously its a rant and not scientific fact, but there are just too many boys running around in their sister's jeans to not take a stand for the man-bear.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
miked96
Max Brawn
Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

Great post and I couldnt agree more. I grew up with Rambo, Arnold in "Conan" and "Commando", the road warriors,the Powers of Pain (pic below) etc. I started lifting in 7th grade and all I wanted was to get bigger and stronger.
Now you have these twinky "Twilight" werewolves and Brad Pitt is supposedly the epitome of manliness. All people want to talk about is dieting to see there abs when they have no muscle mass in the first place. Unless your a leprechaun, 135 pounds is not impressive, abs or not! Build the house before you paint it! Thanks for starting this thread.
Attached Images

miked96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #13
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Yay, prison survival made the list. Twilight pukes can survive in prison....hehe

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #14
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Great thread. Could not agree more.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Varying degrees of "ripped-ness" to coin and mangle a word simultaneously, but they all have something that the emaciated youths of today don't. They look like they lift, even when they are wearing a shirt.

Ok, sure, drugs may be involved. I know, for natural body builders, its hard to look huge when you cut down to stage weight and wear street clothes. This isn't about that. Its about the skinny teenagers who won't eat because they're afraid to lose their six pack, which is really just their ribs showing. Its, on a personal note, about my frustration with people I could tear in half mocking me because I carry more weight than the magazines say I should.

Its about every limp-wristed mouth breathing idiot who walks in the door and complains that I am interrupting their soap operas because my deadlifting makes too much noise. Its about the doctors who hound me because I don't fit their BMI chart, you know, the one they have a donut resting on.

Its about the people who tell me not to eat red meat, tell me to eat more carbs, to do this and that. Its about the kids I see with no idea where their life is going, no discipline to get them there, and no one to give a damn if they make it or not. We need fathers who are strong, physically and emotionally and spiritually. We need more daddies and fewer baby-daddies. We need men. And skinny jeans sure as hell aren't going to make them.

Last edited by bruteforce; 03-14-2012 at 08:12 PM.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #17
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

At least you guys don't have to spend 8 hours a day with these people at school everyday. Did you know a (real stats) 5'2 98pound freshman with a six pack is ripped and in great shape.

Thank God I grew wanting to look like Ivan Drago from Rocky and always wanting to be the biggest and strongest.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
At least you guys don't have to spend 8 hours a day with these people at school everyday. Did you know a (real stats) 5'2 98pound freshman with a six pack is ripped and in great shape.

Thank God I grew wanting to look like Ivan Drago from Rocky and always wanting to be the biggest and strongest.
Lulz. This could be part of the problem, I'm back at the university 5 days a week and see these types all day long. They stare at me in my slacks and shirt and tie. Most of them think I'm a professor, but I dress that way to remind myself that I'm there on business and not to putz around like I did the first time I tried college.

I suppose thats another thing to add to the list. Real men understand delayed gratification. Sure, we could call in sick today and have fun outside, sure we could turn down that overtime, but we put in our time and work hard so that when the bad times come, we can weather them. And hopefully we have enough left over to buy a sweet power rack.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #19
B.Money
New Brawn
Points: 448, Level: 8 Points: 448, Level: 8 Points: 448, Level: 8
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 9000+
Training Type: Powerlifting
B.Money has made some good postsB.Money has made some good postsB.Money has made some good postsB.Money has made some good postsB.Money has made some good postsB.Money has made some good postsB.Money has made some good postsB.Money has made some good postsB.Money has made some good posts

Lol too bad so many people miss the bus on this topic, and think they are HYOOGE and cool because they are 200+, but are really just weak and fat.

Raw Powerlifter 165lb wt. Class*
B.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #20
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Money View Post
but are really just weak and fat.
Here on MAB...We are STRONG and fat
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote