Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why should you Squat? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9239)

SeventySeven 03-07-2012 12:12 PM

Why should you Squat?

Because God gave you the ability to! Now get after it!:mh:

BendtheBar 03-07-2012 12:59 PM

Why does a man climb a mountain? Because it's there.

Hazzard 03-07-2012 01:01 PM

Squatting sucks.

BigJosh 03-07-2012 01:22 PM

Because it makes you more functional as a human being. GET SOME!!!

J_Byrd 03-07-2012 01:49 PM

I need strong legs to support my massive ego?

LtL 03-07-2012 02:51 PM

Because otherwise it would be called a curling rack.

LtL

TitanCT 03-07-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventySeven (Post 222469)
Because God gave you the ability to! Now get after it!:mh:

let us know when you start. =0 )

Off Road 03-07-2012 07:10 PM

Mark Rippetoe:

Quote:

There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat.
Quote:

"Yes, if you squat wrong it fu<#s things up. If you squat correctly, those same fu<#ed-up things will unfu<# themselves."
Quote:

Ask Old Santa for a squat rack. Preferably one that won't fit down the chimney. You can't do the program without it, and that would leave you forever an elf.
Quote:

Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in
Quote:

Only people willing to work to the point of discomfort on a regular basis using effective means to produce that discomfort will actually look like they have been other-than-comfortable most of the time. You can thank the muscle magazines for these persistent misconceptions, along with the natural tendency of all normal humans to seek reasons to avoid hard physical exertion.
Quote:

There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy
Quote:

Rip: "Leg Pressing is masturbation."

Tuesday: "Oh, come on. Masturbation isn't that bad."

Rip: "Oh, I didn't say it was bad. But at least when I masturbate, I am not under the impression that I'm making anybody else cum but me."
Quote:

There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats

SeventySeven 03-09-2012 10:42 AM

since i have been squatting i notice more people from both sexes checking out my butt..
i have been living by the motto:

I dont build muscle, I. Am. MUSCLE!!

^^^not me haha

Fazc 03-09-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventySeven (Post 223068)
since i have been squatting i notice more people from both sexes checking out my butt..

The Fudge Packer strikes again!!!