Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Are you ever judged by how big you are? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9037)

Ironmeat 02-18-2012 06:40 PM

Are you ever judged by how big you are?

I have been lifting for several years and I have only been judged that I know of once. A friend of mine told me that a buddy of his said that body builders were dumb and I fit that bill 100%. Needless to say I had to confront him and he was scared out of his mind. Him having no muscles and me in the prime of my weight lifting. Bet he had to change himself after I was done with him as he was studdering so bad.

thumpinos 02-18-2012 11:15 PM

A couple of the members think I am a meathead because I only do barbell lifts.

Kuytrider 02-19-2012 05:19 AM

I'm not all that big so I don't have to worry about that for a while. however, I do get funny looks from other gym members when I do Pendlay Rows and power cleans. And this is a serious BB gym with members far stronger than in a typical commercial gym, some of these guys compete in shows.

Chillen 02-19-2012 08:22 AM

Personally, I could careless whether another human being "judges" me small or big.

I be.

What I want to be.

You see.

What maketh' a man in thee?

Just be all you can be.

Best regards,

Chillen

glwanabe 02-19-2012 09:44 AM

There are only a few people in my life who's opinions mean anything to me. They love me as I am.

The rest don't matter.

Off Road 02-19-2012 09:49 AM

The truth...most people don't give a crap what we look like.

BendtheBar 02-19-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 217929)
The truth...most people don't give a crap what we look like.

True dat.

Most people only care what they look like.

titus_teen 02-19-2012 02:14 PM

I'm not really all that big but I do want to get big. I do not understand why people judge anyway. We all have our flaws.

5kgLifter 02-19-2012 03:08 PM

Life's too short to care what most people think. Unfortunately, stereotypes exist everywhere; a female that lifts must want to be a man and will no longer look like a woman...which is quite a common belief...uh-huh, right! :tomato:

I can't really be bothered to argue with people, it's a waste of time anyway, it generally won't change their very narrow-minded view and even if it did, you can guarantee that the very next day, you'll be changing yet another person's view...and another...and...well, you get the idea.

ONpump17 02-19-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 217928)
There are only a few people in my life who's opinions mean anything to me. The rest don't matter.

x2.

My initial dream in lifting was to be big enough and strong enough that people thought I was on steroids while still being natural.