Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

I'm not that big. 5'10" 295 lbs... Who give's a shit what other people think. Be happy with yourself and it's all good.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I will say that I live in an uppity area where there aren't a lot of big bearded bears that attend school functions. It's kind of fun being the odd man out.

I have a great wife, a great life, and all of you iron pumping lunatics. I couldn't be happier. I don't need to look like anyone to add to this.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-20-2012 at 09:20 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #13
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

In the Dog House, I am bigger than Cleveland and that is all that matters.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #14
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

I actually run into issues based on my height in addition to my bulk. At a little above 6'4", when it comes time for performance appraisals at work, talking to people at the bank, or anywhere else for that matter, I have to take a very calm tone or I get accused of being belligerent and threatening. On the other hand, anywhere I walk into, people assume I'm in charge. Stores, warehouses, university functions, I'm the first one people go to. It has its ups and downs.

But no one every thinks I'm dumb. I dress professionally at all times unless I am lifting or in the outdoors. I work on speaking without an accent. I strive to be articulate, observant, and knowledgeable, and it has never failed me. So, yes, people think I might be about to go for their throat, but they rest easy in the knowledge that at least it was someone of extraordinary intelligence.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #15
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I have actually only heard positive comments about how big I am at 5'9" and 215 right now.

I also do not care what others think, outside of my wife. She would like to see me get down to 200ish lbs as she thought I look best at that. personally, I care more about how I feel and my general health rather than how muscular or big I look.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #16
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

I get my arms complemented on all the time.
Out side of that the only ones I care about how I look is my wife and family and the 5-6 people behind the table with score sheets.

Well and I care. I'm on the bber side of the world. I don't care how much I can lift but do care how I look.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #17
ffemtny
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributor

Yep, but then again on the civilian side I'm a 6', 250#, nurse with a military haircut and tattoos that are exposed when I wear scrubs. As for my wife she say's size doesn't matter, j/k.
ffemtny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

if you look like you touch a weight. SOMEONE will accuse you of steroids and of being a dumb meathead, whether you know it or not. thats why you have middle fingers. flick them off or bark at em or whatever and move on.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #19
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

In a different context, sometimes we have to care what other persons think. For example: Applying for a job, and how you look and how fit/healthy one is can be applicable to the position. And, can make or break whether one is hired or not, whether qualified in background or education. So there are exceptions.

On a more personal level, I like the very lean look. And, I know how some may feel about abs in general. Though my training doesn't focus on abs (I am more of an endurance/body building type of individual), I do want them to be clearly seen. And, don't care about opinions/comments to the contrary.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #20
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
In a different context, sometimes we have to care what other persons think. For example: Applying for a job, and how you look and how fit/healthy one is can be applicable to the position. And, can make or break whether one is hired or not, whether qualified in background or education. So there are exceptions.
totally dont prescribe to this. i have tattoos everywhere, even on my knuckles, a mohawk, and i am told i look intimidating and scary. ive worked in professional offices, doing security, warehouses, customer service, the list goes on.
basically, i am who i am...**** you if you dont like it or cant deal with it. there are other jobs or other things i can do without sacrificing too much of myself. hell my friend is a huge tattooed biker he works as a nurse doing home visits.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote