Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Genetics vs Work Ethics (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8997)

emekajokammor 02-15-2012 03:26 PM

Genetics vs Work Ethics

Interested to know where my MAB family stands on this subject.

Off Road 02-15-2012 03:34 PM

Your work ethic will determine how much of your genetic potential you will obtain. Your genetics will of course determine your absolute potential, if you have the work ethic.

Given the choice, I'll take the genetics. Even with a piss poor work ethic, I could probably surpass all my current lifts and measurements.

BendtheBar 02-15-2012 03:37 PM

Good poll.

I have poor genetics...small bones and all that good stuff. Glad I didn't know it until now.

I'll take work ethic anytime.

Rich Knapp 02-15-2012 03:40 PM

I agree with Off Road.

Your genetics will set your max potential (only way to change genetics is change every single DNA in your body ), but without good work ethics you will never even get close to your set potential.

Tannhauser 02-15-2012 03:41 PM

Is one's work ethic genetic? ;)

emekajokammor 02-15-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 216979)
Your work ethic will determine how much of your genetic potential you will obtain. Your genetics will of course determine your absolute potential, if you have the work ethic.

Given the choice, I'll take the genetics. Even with a piss poor work ethic, I could probably surpass all my current lifts and measurements.

So so true. But the thing that is most common among people with great genetics is that they are often lazy.

Would you work if you were rich?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 216981)
Good poll.

I have poor genetics...small bones and all that good stuff. Glad I didn't know it until now.

I'll take work ethic anytime.

lol

emekajokammor 02-15-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannhauser (Post 216985)
Is one's work ethic genetic? ;)

lol, good question. :confused: My guess is learned and maybe inherited...

BendtheBar 02-15-2012 03:51 PM

I sure didn't inherit my work ethic from my family. They are all lazy slugs.

emekajokammor 02-15-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 216992)
I sure didn't inherit my work ethic from my family. They are all lazy slugs.

Haha! Guess they don't spend much time on the forums, lol! Or else you might have someone knocking at your door later...

BendtheBar 02-15-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emekajokammor (Post 216998)
Haha! Guess they don't spend much time on the forums, lol! Or else you might have someone knocking at your door later...

No they sure don't. My father's side never wants to work.

I can say after having 2 children I am pretty confidence that work ethic is mostly taught. Some of it can certainly come from motivation - no doubt there. Where the motivation comes from? That's the question. I get motivated by fear and hate...strong emotions like that.

I was also motivated by results. And Tom Platz!