Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   T-Bone's Tirade and Rant-fest (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8696)

T-Bone 01-20-2012 09:30 PM

T-Bone's Tirade and Rant-fest

Ok, so today's squatting was a complete debacle. I could NOT come out of the hole with any strength, every rep was a flailing grinder, and my mood got progressively worse with every failed set.

I hate making excuses, but I have been deprived of one hour of sleep every night because I can no longer eat my breakfast at work. I have to eat it at home which forces me to get up an hour earlier. This has thrown my normal schedule off and I'm trying to adjust. But what was so wrong with eating a bowl of oatmeal at my desk?!?

Second, business is slow and sitting around all day with very little to do is wearing on a man. I have more energy if I'm busy all day. This plus the spectre of lay offs fills me with nervous energy, so I was spent by the time I got to the gym.

Third, the gym was filled with morons and toe gazers hogging equipment. There was this duo working on the Smith Machine for over half an hour. One was a tall super skinny guy and the other was a sexually ambiguous character that wouldn't shut up! Get out of my gym!!!

Fourth, my ass crack has been chapped for the last two days and it's really getting annoying! I have know idea where it came from but it is a very unpleasant sensation having your sandpaper cheeks rubbing together every time you move! WTF??? I know it's TMI, but dammit it's clean, I shower, I put lotion on it, argh! (Sorry guys, but if I can't talk about this stuff with you guys, I don't know with who else I could! LOL!)

I hope you're laughing by now, because I am! :D It felt good to get this stuff off my chest. I know next week will be different and this is a minor set back. Strong one place, not so strong in another. It goes in cycles with me, but I'll get there one way or another!

/rant.

bamazav 01-20-2012 09:57 PM

I laughed and prayed. PTL, I don't have a crack that feels like sandpaper. Hope you figure that out!

Chameleon 01-20-2012 09:58 PM

I feel for you bro, I'm out of work for the next 2-3 months due to the weather here (North Scotland) & it does wear a man down when there's nothing to do. I'm hanging in there, I know you will too.

PM me if you need to talk man.

All the best

C

BigJosh 01-20-2012 10:15 PM

T-bone I'm learning that we all have bad days in the gym. Just let it go. As BtB told me once, the CNS is a bitch. Just get it next time bro.
Also, changes in normal schedule can and will cause havoc on your gym performance. I've experienced it, I'm sure others have. Sometimes, it doesn't have to be a big change either.
Like I said earlier, just let it go and hit it next time.

Oh and try some Cetaphil for the ass crack.....
Cetaphil® Gentle Daily Skin Cleaner | #1 Dermatologist Recommended

BendtheBar 01-20-2012 10:15 PM

You had me at toe gazers.

My ass gets chapped too. Too much sweat can leave me walking like a cowboy without a horse.

BendtheBar 01-20-2012 10:24 PM

And if it makes you feel any better, I failed on a bench attempt 40 pounds under my max today.

T-Bone 01-20-2012 11:00 PM

Sorry for the ranting and this was a much cleaner version of the diatribe from my ride home from the gym! Whew, I was on a roll!

And I know it was a typical bad day in the gym, after a long week and I'll bounce back no doubt. And I forgot about the locker room scene, but enough is enough! Thanks for reading and allowing me to vent. You're great folk!

@BigJosh, thanks for the tip...I'll try it out.

@BtB, sorry to hear about your session. I know how you feel (obviously!)

@ Chameleon, I appreciate it buddy, I'll keep you in mind!

BendtheBar 01-20-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Sorry for the ranting and this was a much cleaner version of the diatribe from my ride home from the gym!
Rant on. That's what we're here for.

MC 01-23-2012 09:49 AM

TBone - I've had issues in the rear and I my doctor reminded me of the wonders of baby powder. It works for a reason. That or corn starch.

Kuytrider 01-23-2012 11:51 AM

Sounds painful mate. We all have crosses to bear. I understand your anger as I feel it bro. And why the hell can't you eat oatmeal at your desk? Are you working for fascists? When times are tough and I am not getting work (I work from home freelance writing), I remind myself that I don't have to put up with that kind of nonsense. If it's a manager saying you can't do that, it's shockingly bad management.