Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Since it was mentioned...Im really into the whole bod-mod thing, ink and piercings.... just my 2 cents.
Its my underlying freak...lol

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Since it was mentioned...Im really into the whole bod-mod thing, ink and piercings.... just my 2 cents.
I save my freak mojo for deadlifting and beards.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
So you like THOSE kinds of girls.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #24
Chameleon
Brawn
Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2yrs
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Apple Cider Vinegar
Chameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good start

Guys, I found this here, please take a look at it.

Sylvester Stallone Work Out

It looks like the type of program that Franco & Arnie would've done. Note, it says only 5 days in the article.

Please give me your honest opinion, because I'm out of work for this next 2-3 months due to bad weather, so I'm seriously considering doing this workout.

Cheers guys

C
The Mayans never said that 2012 was the end of the world, they said it was the end of the world as we know it. Does this mean the sky will be green & the grass will be blue? Maybe the oceans will turn to beer & the oxygen into marijuana smoke. Or maybe the banking sector will get destroyed & money will therefore be useless, meaning that humans can live as creative individuals with the opportunity to express themselves freely. I truly hope so, as long as I can still play music & lift weights!
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #25
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Other candidates: Hugh Jackman's got a nice 'hollywood' physique. Ryan Reynolds too.
Jackman was supposedly 210 for the last Wolverine movie and they have told him to get bigger this time around. His goal is to make sure they don't have to use CGI on his muscles (they didn't last time) and for him to look big from a distance (director's words).

I disagree on Reynolds. He looks was skinny in most scenes in Green Lantern.

Now, I think Chris Hemsworth bulked up nicely for Thor, although if you watch the movie closely, you can see how he lost major weight as the movie filming went on: he would be much larger in some scenes (hospital, trying to retrieve the hammer) than in others. Same thing happened to Chris Evans in Captain America.

Hemsworth (who is 6'3"):

Evans (who is not):

Them with the rest of the Avengers Cast (Hemsworth in tee and black jacket, Evans in all denim)

Old 01-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #26
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
So you like THOSE kinds of girls.
Yes, THOSE kind.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #27
Chameleon
Brawn

Chameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post

It looks like the type of program that Franco & Arnie would've done. Note, it says only 5 days in the article.

Please give me your honest opinion, because I'm out of work for this next 2-3 months due to bad weather, so I'm seriously considering doing this workout.

Cheers guys

C
Hey guys, did any of you get a minute to read the workout in the above link? I'd like to hear MAB's thoughts on it.

I'm going to start on Monday.

Cheers

C
The Mayans never said that 2012 was the end of the world, they said it was the end of the world as we know it. Does this mean the sky will be green & the grass will be blue? Maybe the oceans will turn to beer & the oxygen into marijuana smoke. Or maybe the banking sector will get destroyed & money will therefore be useless, meaning that humans can live as creative individuals with the opportunity to express themselves freely. I truly hope so, as long as I can still play music & lift weights!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #28
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Hey guys, did any of you get a minute to read the workout in the above link? I'd like to hear MAB's thoughts on it.

I'm going to start on Monday.

Cheers

C
I personally didn't care for it much. It's a lot of work which tends to decrease the intensity applied to each. It also seriously lacks direct back work which is unacceptable to me.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #29
Chameleon
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I personally didn't care for it much. It's a lot of work which tends to decrease the intensity applied to each. It also seriously lacks direct back work which is unacceptable to me.
Thanks for your input, Off Road. I'm so desperate to attain this kind of physique that I'm prepared to do anything to achieve it! lol
Old 01-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #30
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:

Cheers guys

C
I ran a similar program in 1987 after I had already gained quite a bit of strength and it beat me up pretty good. If you do want to make a run with a more frequent workout I think you first need to look at a progression scheme, as it is the corner stone.

Programs like this list sets and reps which makes it rather generic.

Start up a thread and we can toss out some suggestions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote