Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Most adults don't monitor what comes out of their own mouths on Facebook/Forums.
Agreed, normal person+anonymity=douchebag, irrespective of child or adult.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #12
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Agreed, normal person+anonymity=douchebag, irrespective of child or adult.
Indeed. Mann (1981) studied the 'baiting crowd' phenomenon, where crowds gather underneath people preparing to jump to their deaths, jeering and encouraging them to jump.

Key factors in the amount of baiting were how dark it was and how many people in the crowd - both factors allowing anonymity.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Some parents, and I stress the word "some" because others do, don't even monitor what their kids are up to even when they're right in front of them, let alone on forums.

A couple of weeks ago, just after hubby got out of hopsital, we were at the cinema and a kid, for some unknown reason, decided he would target us throughout the entire film by deliberately walking past us so that we missed parts of the film; he didn't want to be there and was bored so we were his outlet (thankfully, that's a first for us) but due to hubby's condition rather than have a confrontation, we upped and left. He was just a little jerk trying to be a big man, basically.

I was less than impressed with the adult accompanying the kid but also know that all kids are not the same.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #14
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Some parents, and I stress the word "some" because others do, don't even monitor what their kids are up to even when they're right in front of them, let alone on forums.

A couple of weeks ago, just after hubby got out of hopsital, we were at the cinema and a kid, for some unknown reason, decided he would target us throughout the entire film by deliberately walking past us so that we missed parts of the film; he didn't want to be there and was bored so we were his outlet (thankfully, that's a first for us) but due to hubby's condition rather than have a confrontation, we upped and left. He was just a little jerk trying to be a big man, basically.

I was less than impressed with the adult accompanying the kid but also know that all kids are not the same.
I'm now so hypersensitive about being disturbed at the pictures (does anyone call it that these days?), that I won't go! The scenario you describe would send me into an apoplectic rage.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Spend about 5 minutes playing the online multiplayer mode of any of the Call Of Duty games on X-Box live and the things you hear children saying will absolutely shock you.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #16
ONpump17
Perservere
Max Brawn
Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4 serious years, 1 meet
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Water
ONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Spend about 5 minutes playing the online multiplayer mode of any of the Call Of Duty games on X-Box live and the things you hear children saying will absolutely shock you.
OOOOOoooooohhh GOD. It's like listening to Youtube comments.
"Choose to not to be a product of your environment, but rather a product of your desires."Kroc
Comp Lifts(lb/kg): Squat: 385/175 Bench: 231/105 Deadlift: 463/210 Best Lifts: Squat: 395/180 Bench: 250/113 Deadlift: 475/215
ONpump17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

Quote:

There used to be a time when, the crowd would have stood up to this punk. I like Tannhauser will no longer go to the movies. Pointing out rude behavior in a southern ca theater may get you shot.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I'm now so hypersensitive about being disturbed at the pictures (does anyone call it that these days?), that I won't go! The scenario you describe would send me into an apoplectic rage.
I was fuming, and had to just leave; thankfully, it's so far been a one off occasion.

Yep, I still use the term the pictures but not sure if many use it any more or how many would understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
There used to be a time when, the crowd would have stood up to this punk. I like Tannhauser will no longer go to the movies. Pointing out rude behavior in a southern ca theater may get you shot.
Fortunately, we wouldn't get shot (yet) but living in a small area where you're forever bumping into people that you know, and when you phone to make reservations at the cinema they know you by your voice without the need for a name and so forth, life could get uncomfortable pretty quickly...a different sort of awkward situation, for us.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:

I have been is situations like this where the parent could care less what the kid is doing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #20
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I have been is situations like this where the parent could care less what the kid is doing.
I think it's a growing trend...one of the things that really irks me, is when you're stood at a checkout with your goods on the conveyor belt/till area and a kid in the trolley in front of you decides to reach over with snotty gooked up hands and touch all the packaged foods you just put there These days, I make sure to stand well back, ensuring a sufficient gap is there, so everything is just out of reach to them.