Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Site Mergers - Logs and More (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8463)

BendtheBar 01-04-2012 11:42 AM

Site Mergers - Logs and More

Considering merging the logs and fullbody logs.

Thoughts?

Any other forums we should consolidate? Fewer sub-forums usually makes it easier for navigation, but I don't want to chop too many.

Fazc 01-04-2012 11:43 AM

Yeah, I like that idea.

Off Road 01-04-2012 11:50 AM

You are correct, fewer sub forums make it more user friendly. Much easier if everything can be found on the main forum page.

BendtheBar 01-04-2012 11:53 AM

Do you guys like having separate bodybuilding and strength training forums, or should we combine them?

Also...beginner forum...good idea, bad idea?

BigJosh 01-04-2012 11:58 AM

Merging the logs makes sense. Training is training whether it's fullbody or otherwise.
Beginner forum makes sense to me. It's a place set aside where the most basic questions can be asked.
As far as merging the bodybuilding and strength forums, I didn't even know they were seperated.
I pretty much live and die by the new post button, so i don't really see the different forums I guess.

BendtheBar 01-04-2012 12:02 PM

Most of the original sub-forums were set up to attract/maximize Google search traffic, but right now some of them that were asked for, such as MMA, are dormant and somewhat pointless.

ricka182 01-04-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJosh (Post 204101)
Merging the logs makes sense. Training is training whether it's fullbody or otherwise.
Beginner forum makes sense to me. It's a place set aside where the most basic questions can be asked.
As far as merging the bodybuilding and strength forums, I didn't even know they were seperated.
I pretty much live and die by the new post button, so i don't really see the different forums I guess.

Agree with BigJosh...Def keep the beginner forum. I think it helps newbs from feeling too intimidated to ask even simple questions. On the fence about merging or keeping seperate BBing Vs Strength. Fundamentals are similar, but there are specialties for each that could be seperate..

And dump any stale sub-forums. I didn't know we had an MMA forum. I think stuff like that could be in an off-topic, but still general fitness area.

Shadowschmadow 01-04-2012 12:39 PM

Might want to be careful as to how you merge bodybuilding and powerlifting. If you look at the two forums at any given time, bodybuilding draws way more attention. I just checked and it was 150 viewing BBing and 36 viewing PLing. Bodybuilding will always be a more popular google search and you want that search to lead to this site.

Just something to consider...

5kgLifter 01-04-2012 12:40 PM

I generally go by the new posts button as well, so don't tend to notice which forum I'm actually in; the new posts is easier for quick reference.

Merging the training logs, sounds like a good idea.

Off Road 01-04-2012 12:42 PM

Keep the bodybuilding and strength forums seperated.
Dump the MMA forum, it can be served with the General forum.
Personal opinion, dump the AAS forum (natural site?) and the prohormone stuff can be covered in the supplement forum.