Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
prohormone stuff can be covered in the supplement forum.
Legal prohormone talk has all but died. I think it's time to move that to supplements.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I don't think AAS talk should be completely banned, a few of the guys dabble in it or are considering it. To me it's no different to training in the same gym as guys who use stuff, It doesn't effect me and if they want to discuss that stuff then at least they have a seperate section where they can do so, right?
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I don't think AAS talk should be completely banned, a few of the guys dabble in it or are considering it. To me it's no different to training in the same gym as guys who use stuff, It doesn't effect me and if they want to discuss that stuff then at least they have a seperate section where they can do so, right?
I agree. If people want to talk about it, then in my opinion, by all means. Its not hurting anyone to keep it on (at least not that I'm aware of). Whether or not it gets popular traffic is another story.

I don't see have a AAS section having a negative impact on the type of traffic we get here, and the direction this forum is going. I guess for lack of a better lame cliche - its one more tool in the shed.

I don't really do any research on PEDs but I enjoy some of the conversations had in the section.

Last edited by Shadowschmadow; 01-04-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Shadowschmadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Yeah we decided long ago to allow AAS talk, but not promote it. I am not sure it requires it's own forum here as no one uses it, but I do think AAS talk is best kept in the "Member's only" section which is hidden from lurkers and Google.

At most around here we get occasional questions about what a product contains, or how PCT works.

This can be a tricky subject so I just want to make sure I differentiate between "allowing" AAS talk and "promoting" it. If someone wants to discuss the possible side effects of oral steroids I think that's an interesting discussion. On the other hand, if someone wants a cycle, then MAB is probably not the place for them for this particular topic.

I think most of us here enjoy strongman or pro bodybuilding to some degree. We also enjoy sports that are drug-infested, which is just about all of them. I want to be able to discuss all topics here in a respectful manner.

MAB is about results. It will never have hardcore drug talk simply because I will not expose myself and my family to the leering eye of the law.

I hope this makes sense.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-04-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I hope this makes sense.
Makes complete sense.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #16
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

^^^ What OR said. And I agree.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #17
ONpump17
Perservere
Max Brawn
Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4 serious years, 1 meet
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Water
ONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machine

I would remove the MMA section and combine the logs. I like the members only section the way it is currently, though.

Note: I am skewed against MMA though.
"Choose to not to be a product of your environment, but rather a product of your desires."Kroc
Comp Lifts(lb/kg): Squat: 385/175 Bench: 231/105 Deadlift: 463/210 Best Lifts: Squat: 395/180 Bench: 250/113 Deadlift: 475/215
ONpump17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Most of the changes we have talked about have been made. Thanks!

Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 AM   #19
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

as usual i am late to the party.....

as a relatively new member , i can only give my short experience here,

i think it is sensible to leave the BB and PL seperate, each pulls a different type of lifter and of course both are welcome

one thing that i thought which might help out , is there anywhere on the open forum that suggests to lurkers or possible new members the benifits of signing up.
granted that there are fantastic members who offer huge support and great advice. i know for me that since i joined up i have really noticed my training improve due to advice on a lot of different aspects of training.

i ask this cause there are a lot of forums out there and most people stumble upon them when they google search (for me it was looking for info on 5/3/1) , the site may have a limited time to make an impact on such a person and i think it would be great if there was some sort of carrot for them to bite and become a member. not everyone will take the time to read up on a few other threads and see the type of quality posts that go on here so i would see this "carrot" as an incentive for them to stick around and maybe start their own log etc , thus giving them time to see just how good the site is and how it stands out above others.

one idea i had would be to have more available in the members only section , for example articles , reviews ( jim did one on his shoes ) things like that ,

if someone comes on as a guest , they get a pop up or siomething to say , like what you see , look at the benefits of joining up...

although in saying that pop ups can be annoying too!

i dunno if its helpful but i said id throw it out there none the less

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote