Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!
Default Dealing with the Haters

Its January 2nd and the haters are out in full force. Today I have been accused of roiding, bad form, ignorance, being fat and washed up, and a few other things. And a lot of this comes from the personal trainers.

Time to spend a few sentences re-inflating my ego. The weight I move would crush any of these people. I actually squat below parallel - this is what prompted one skinny-fat moron to tell me I don't know what I'm doing. Another trainer, carrying around more muscle in late-middle age than his frame would normally allow in his late 20's was telling his clients that I "had no hope of working as hard as they do because I'm fat and out of shape". I'm not sure what his clients were doing, but I'm fairly certain is was supposed to be a pushup rather than an epileptic fit with straight arms and a sagging torso.

So there. I feel better now. To my brothers and sisters in Iron, take heart. The haters will be gone soon, too lazy to work for results. The personal trainers will keep on prescribing the same pointless circuit, their clients will keep on gaining and losing the same 3 pounds, and nothing really changes. Except for us. We will get stronger, faster, more brutal with each passing month. Fight the good fight, do not despair, and feel free to vent in here, I know I will.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Wow, I think I may have punched someone (or at least I'd have wanted to)
Old 01-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Sounds like you need a new gym that isn't full of dicks.

I keep my opinions to myself in the gym for the most part but if I had to put up with some of that rubbish, I'd be putting boots to asses.

Stay strong brother. You are better.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

I love when people talk shit to me... It doesn't happen often... Maybe its because I'm twice their size.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

wow...not sure how to process the ignorance of those trainers...but the haters are in rare form right! Keep up the good fight Brute
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Showboating infront of your own clients is one thing but this:

Quote:
"had no hope of working as hard as they do because I'm fat and out of shape"
I'd drop him.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I'd be putting boots to asses.
Someone saw the Rock's t-shirt.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Showboating infront of your own clients is one thing but this:

"had no hope of working as hard as they do because I'm fat and out of shape"

I'd drop him.
Gotta agree there, if I heard a trainer say that and they were training me, I don't think I'd want to stay around them for long.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Its January 2nd and the haters are out in full force.
Welcome to the brave new world where cynicism and personal attacks are the shield and sword of empowerment.

Quote:
Today I have been accused of roiding
Sign you are doing something right. Check.

Quote:
bad form
Sign your form is correct, thus angering the bros and making them feel inferior. Check.

Quote:
ignorance
You lack scientific studies and the appropriate dogma. Check.

Quote:
being fat
You're not after abzors. Check.

Quote:
washed up
You don't want to look like Zyzz. Check.

Quote:
And a lot of this comes from the personal trainers.
Not surprisingly. Nothing against trainers, as this speaks towards anyone in the niche, but some people value being right more than they value results.

Don't feel bad Brute. I am fat, an idiot, lacking scientific backing for my recommendations, don't use strict intermittent fasting, don't know the studies, don't want six pack abs, and don't know the latest bodybuilding trends.

All I have is a 600 pound deadlift, 500 pound squat, 400 pound bench, 300 pound overhead press, 200 pound one arm row and 20 inch arms.

Not trying to return the hate, but I do want to reassure you that you are not alone. Every day on forums I see the tools we use here condemned, laughed at, poked and prodded. Ignore it, listen to your body and keep working hard in the gym on form and strength.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Wait, what? What a wonderful way to keep clients in your gym... by having your PTs insult them. I hate personal trainers and yet want to be one. Except I'll be the guy using you as an example of how to squat and get my clients tearing up the weights.