Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #31
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I've had that a few times, my father-in-law has commented while on my bulk that "you've lost a bit of weight" and point to my belly. To which I have to resist saying "it's just 'cos my delts and traps are MASSIVE!!" and stretch into the a full Archer pose!
lol!

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #32
jasonjduke
Brawn
Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

jasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributor

I see it personally in my own crazy way.

The haters are mere phantasms of our own fear that we must overcome to grow and be strong. Wherever you find them, on a forum, in the gym or in your own very heart, listen intently and see the truth of failure and self-defeat. Be reminded that you will not succumb to such a state. Defeat them in mind. In a timeless place, if your intentions in training are noble and compassionate, you are an Iron Hero - fearless and in love with the Iron. To grow strong and powerful is a privilege only we allow of ourselves. Destroy the illusion of what you are not.

In time these phantasms will be destroyed before they manifest. We, you and I, are of a dying breed of trainee. You are the embodiment of pure honest strength earned with every drop of sweat. Your muscles are true and this power that you earn will never be lost - know this.

Become a Saint of Iron and show the world its true magic with the love of every rep and every pound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I keep my head up because I only care about reaching those who want help. Some people simply don't want to work hard; they prefer to stay on forums and call themselves a hardgainer, talking people into programs that never worked for them in the first place.
So very true. For every ounce of bloody honest effort you put forth is a golden ounce of success won. Soon, it will add up to something you can see. And eventually it will become your castle.

I once believed I was a hardgainer. It was a time of fear and failure. It was a place of disgust and animosity. This is an illusion too, for in the beginning many things can be against you - it merely means you have more potential to be greater than you could imagine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
The second thing I learned about lifting is to surround myself with people that are working hard, and who are stronger and bigger than me. They will crush my dogma and challenge me to face my weaknesses.
There are so few us - we mustn't lose our way. So much depends on us...

Last edited by jasonjduke; 01-04-2012 at 12:49 AM.
jasonjduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #33
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

I can't imagine PT's at a professional commercial gym insulting gym members that way. Their job is to promote health and fitness to all the members, not just their clients. I assume they are young and inexperienced. Did they say that crap to your face? Sounds like maybe it was one of those "he said, she said" deals. In which case you may not be getting the true story. In the end, if they really did that, I wouldn't be paying any dues to a gym full of hater PT's.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #34
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Adding a quote about haters:

"Fans don't boo nobodies." - Reggie Jackson

Reggie knew that hate was a sign of success.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #35
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #36
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

I should start taking notes of the hate received in my log book. I'm surrounded by crossfitters, everyday curl in the mirror people, and "toners", who have no idea why I'm dripping with sweat after my squats. They can't fathom what benefit you could possibly get from just picking the bar up off the floor. And forget trying to explain to them that I didn't need to do 16 sets of the same exercise to get stronger. I've given up on even responding to their comments about how bad it is to squat ATG. And I may be "small" in MAB, but I still get comments about how I could lose some fat if I would do their Acme Miracle Workout.

It fuels me.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #37
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Wait, what? What a wonderful way to keep clients in your gym... by having your PTs insult them. I hate personal trainers and yet want to be one. Except I'll be the guy using you as an example of how to squat and get my clients tearing up the weights.
Why.....did i offend you some how?

Last edited by jslep; 02-15-2013 at 06:20 AM.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #38
mr_bigmuscles
Max Brawn
Points: 3,064, Level: 34 Points: 3,064, Level: 34 Points: 3,064, Level: 34
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: about a year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Supp: meat
mr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributor

Proclivity to shit talking is inversely proportional to strength.

It's science.

Log
mr_bigmuscles is offline   Reply With Quote