Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Default Dealing with the Haters

Its January 2nd and the haters are out in full force. Today I have been accused of roiding, bad form, ignorance, being fat and washed up, and a few other things. And a lot of this comes from the personal trainers.

Time to spend a few sentences re-inflating my ego. The weight I move would crush any of these people. I actually squat below parallel - this is what prompted one skinny-fat moron to tell me I don't know what I'm doing. Another trainer, carrying around more muscle in late-middle age than his frame would normally allow in his late 20's was telling his clients that I "had no hope of working as hard as they do because I'm fat and out of shape". I'm not sure what his clients were doing, but I'm fairly certain is was supposed to be a pushup rather than an epileptic fit with straight arms and a sagging torso.

So there. I feel better now. To my brothers and sisters in Iron, take heart. The haters will be gone soon, too lazy to work for results. The personal trainers will keep on prescribing the same pointless circuit, their clients will keep on gaining and losing the same 3 pounds, and nothing really changes. Except for us. We will get stronger, faster, more brutal with each passing month. Fight the good fight, do not despair, and feel free to vent in here, I know I will.