Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

A really overwhelming response, thank you to everyone, this really picked my day up. For those of you who have been in the game for a while, and especially BtB and those like him who gets this day in and day out, I am amazed by the upbeat spirit you have kept through it all. Remembering that when people begin attacking you personally, it usually means they have run out of valid arguments is going to be key as I get stronger. Thank you to all of you, this community has helped get me moving in the right direction.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

My real suggestion would be to grab a BB for deadlifts and hit the trainer in the nuts by "accident" when you were setting up.

But you probably shouldn't listen to me.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Also, yes, I had a nearly overpowering urge to drop each and every one of them where they stood. As satisfying as it would have been, I'm determined to save it for the so-called StrongMan comp this gym is planning on hosting later this year. Doubt me. Test me. 1/4 squats and bro rows won't help them now.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Also, yes, I had a nearly overpowering urge to drop each and every one of them where they stood.
Accidents are key. And wait a couple weeks until there's no motive. Never make it personal...

Lol, j/k.... Or am I...? I suppose you'll never know.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #15
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
We will get stronger, faster, more brutal with each passing month.
Quote of the day right there! BIG STRONG AND AWESOME!

Keep up the good work man!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

One thing I have learned over the years is that life is to short to worry about detractors. Wesley Silveira taught me to enter a debate, have your say, and leave. I rarely look back at advice threads after I have spoken my mind, simply because I know there is a good chance it turned into a 20 page thread where someone is trying to make me look like an idiot.

I keep my head up because I only care about reaching those who want help. Some people simply don't want to work hard; they prefer to stay on forums and call themselves a hardgainer, talking people into programs that never worked for them in the first place.

The second thing I learned about lifting is to surround myself with people that are working hard, and who are stronger and bigger than me. They will crush my dogma and challenge me to face my weaknesses.

Life is simply too short to deal with the mass of haters. We have a limited time on earth. We can spend it building or destroying.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #17
storm1507
Max Brawn
Points: 5,137, Level: 45 Points: 5,137, Level: 45 Points: 5,137, Level: 45
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Fav Supp: Con-Cret :D
storm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machinestorm1507 is a lifting machine

Typed big response, blood pressure increased every second, deleted and now need to go relax.

Unbelievable.
storm1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #18
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

To quote redman...
"middle finger in the air, to my haters, yo whats up?"
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #19
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

BruteForce, your patience and calmness are a credit to you. There is no way in hell that I would have accepted that without things getting nasty though I am learning to control this volcano temper of mine.

Those things you said are shocking and pathetic. I would expect that from fools in the gym but a Personal Trainer? What a grade A [insert expletive here]. Just do your thing and allow the results to speak for themselves. Amazing how people can hold so much stock in trivial things (and I am guilty of this as well). As Steve always says: People are more important than ideas. You are infinitely more important than the twisted world view of these cretins. Tear it up brother
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:43 AM   #20
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

gotta love the haters BruteForce,

these guys insprie me to continue on my journey in lifting in my direction, cause its a whole deal better than ending up like them!!
also gotta say well done for not engaging in a "debate" with them.

i think i would have said something along the lines of , untill you can (insert exercise here) as much as me your opinion does not count.

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote