Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default New Domain...What Should I Do With It?

Bodybuilding and Powerlifting

I just registered this domain. From a keyword standpoint, it's a home run because bodybuilding and powerlifting are in the title. Now, what to do with it???

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

:shrugs: I don't know....transfer all of this over there (and leave a forwarder) if you like the domain name better than this one. (?) maybe?
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
:shrugs: I don't know....transfer all of this over there (and leave a forwarder) if you like the domain name better than this one. (?) maybe?
I might make it into a site dedicated to the history of the sport, with more of an old-timer feel. Contest history. Old school training, that sort of thing.

I don't know yet. That's one idea.

Or I could just turn it into an industry news blog.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I might make it into a site dedicated to the history of the sport, with more of an old-timer feel. Contest history. Old school training, that sort of thing.
I don't know yet. That's one idea.

Or I could just turn it into an industry news blog.
I like that idea. Old school as it is called, is still how most people should be training. Something that gets back to what bodybuilding was about, but from the standpoint of whats realistic on a day to day basis, not whats on the cover of the latest rag at the store.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I like that idea. Old school as it is called, is still how most people should be training. Something that gets back to what bodybuilding was about, but from the standpoint of whats realistic on a day to day basis, not whats on the cover of the latest rag at the store.
I'm leaning heavily in this direction. Old time workouts, training, diet, contests, images, etc.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
beam
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,054, Level: 34 Points: 3,054, Level: 34 Points: 3,054, Level: 34
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

beam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributor

Sounds great! I think when the economy perks back up (if it does). You will probably be able to sell it for a nice profit.
beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I have it up. I will be adding galleries first, then training routines and articles:

Old 09-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I have it up. I will be adding galleries first, then training routines and articles:

Solid idea. I've seen bits and pieces of that sort of thing here and there on the web, but not as a single one stop shop.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #9
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

I like the new domain, really cool idea, and I think more people to read about where the sport came from and how they used to do things instead of reading bodybuilding magazines with pictures of bloated bodybuilders all jacked up on crazy amounts of chemicals.

Old school is where it is at!
jwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I like the new domain, really cool idea, and I think more people to read about where the sport came from and how they used to do things instead of reading bodybuilding magazines with pictures of bloated bodybuilders all jacked up on crazy amounts of chemicals.

Old school is where it is at!
I'm still torn about having the old school stuff at a separate domain. Maybe I should just keep it here at MAB?

I keep telling myself, just because I own the other domain doesn't mean I need to use it