Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Domain...What Should I Do With It? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=833)

BendtheBar 09-27-2009 09:22 AM

New Domain...What Should I Do With It?

Bodybuilding and Powerlifting

I just registered this domain. From a keyword standpoint, it's a home run because bodybuilding and powerlifting are in the title. Now, what to do with it???

RickB 09-27-2009 09:31 AM

:shrugs: I don't know....transfer all of this over there (and leave a forwarder) if you like the domain name better than this one. (?) maybe? ;)

BendtheBar 09-27-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 6065)
:shrugs: I don't know....transfer all of this over there (and leave a forwarder) if you like the domain name better than this one. (?) maybe? ;)

I might make it into a site dedicated to the history of the sport, with more of an old-timer feel. Contest history. Old school training, that sort of thing.

I don't know yet. That's one idea.

Or I could just turn it into an industry news blog.

glwanabe 09-27-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 6070)
I might make it into a site dedicated to the history of the sport, with more of an old-timer feel. Contest history. Old school training, that sort of thing.
I don't know yet. That's one idea.

Or I could just turn it into an industry news blog.

I like that idea. Old school as it is called, is still how most people should be training. Something that gets back to what bodybuilding was about, but from the standpoint of whats realistic on a day to day basis, not whats on the cover of the latest rag at the store.

BendtheBar 09-27-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 6072)
I like that idea. Old school as it is called, is still how most people should be training. Something that gets back to what bodybuilding was about, but from the standpoint of whats realistic on a day to day basis, not whats on the cover of the latest rag at the store.

I'm leaning heavily in this direction. Old time workouts, training, diet, contests, images, etc.

beam 09-27-2009 12:06 PM

Sounds great! I think when the economy perks back up (if it does). You will probably be able to sell it for a nice profit.

BendtheBar 09-27-2009 06:56 PM

I have it up. I will be adding galleries first, then training routines and articles:

big valsalva 09-27-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 6097)
I have it up. I will be adding galleries first, then training routines and articles:

Solid idea. I've seen bits and pieces of that sort of thing here and there on the web, but not as a single one stop shop.

jwood 09-28-2009 11:17 AM

I like the new domain, really cool idea, and I think more people to read about where the sport came from and how they used to do things instead of reading bodybuilding magazines with pictures of bloated bodybuilders all jacked up on crazy amounts of chemicals.

Old school is where it is at!

BendtheBar 09-28-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 6114)
I like the new domain, really cool idea, and I think more people to read about where the sport came from and how they used to do things instead of reading bodybuilding magazines with pictures of bloated bodybuilders all jacked up on crazy amounts of chemicals.

Old school is where it is at!

I'm still torn about having the old school stuff at a separate domain. Maybe I should just keep it here at MAB?

I keep telling myself, just because I own the other domain doesn't mean I need to use it :)