Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #31
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

At bottom, every person knows well enough that they are a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he or she is, ever be put together a second time.

(Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche )

================================================== =====

I do not view the New Year nor its associated federal holiday, like most people, in general or on average do. In addition, I do not look at fitness goals the same way as compared to the average "healthy" fitness goal seeker.

I sometimes get troubled around Christmas and New Years, as it pertains to its meaning or lack of meaning for some people. For some reason, some persons get all loving, forgiving, and helpful during Christmas, and then the rest of the year, they are someone totally different. What a different place our country and world would be, if they took the "meaning premise" of Christmas and acted accordingly the entire year--whether they were Christian or not.

Each day and each month of the year, and not dependent on dates or holidays on the calender, my goal is to give something of value to another person; to offer a hand, a smile, support, and fellowship to the common person, and spread this feeling to another. The common person in general, whom encompasses this attitude when associated in a the power of a group, would be enough to "improve" the equity and quality of our social economy and family foundation, which in turn would improve economic quality. There is no price tag on this, and is underestimated in its power.

I have walked this earth for 50 years, and have experienced, accomplished, and failed, at many different things in life, and one thing I have learned:

It is not all muscle and brawn that makes one healthy and fit. The former is only one composite among a complex package, and the entire physical and psychological circumference needs attention and work as we walk this life inside its skin. I walk in a physical body, in which each part is interdependent upon the other, in one way or another, and I will walk within my fitness goals, with this in mind.

To be human is to be vulnerable - this I must accept. My invincibility lies in my ability to not let the emotional and physical setbacks in life conquer me. I may be vulnerable to the experiences, but I'm invincible in my resolve.

(Obi)

Your thoughts are powerful creators, and your words are even more powerful than your thoughts, but your actions are more powerful than your words or your thoughts. My life goals, general fitness goals, and attitude, surrounds this premise.

Normally my year runs from my birth date to birth date with certain goal dates in-between, dependent on what I decide to do. No greater gift to yourself than making goals to the physical body which beats this pavement of life. And, as you improve, the others around you, whom love you, benefit as well.

For the physical portion of my training, I plan to increase cardiovascular conditioning (heart/lungs, endurance, oxygen, etc), flexibility, and gain about 2 pounds of good weight this year (or just over 170). Gains in the muscle mass sense are becoming harder, but endurance has a lot of head room, and we see what transpires here with a good developed plan. Numbers are only important to me as far as it pertains to ratio of progression, improvement, and overall well-being. Power lifting is not my cup of tea. I have never been one to have a lifting log on a forum for the passed several years. I always kept my own training/dieting log at home, and let the pics tell the story, and answer questions when asked. This year, leading into my 51st birthday, expect many pics.

On the mental health (brain side), which can blend into how to handle certain psychologies and emotions of the inner-self, I plan to continue my personal education by reading a lot of books on different and various topics, and dependent on what I learn, apply certain strategies to improve me as an overall person. IMO, sculpting your brain, and examining your beliefs, opinions, and other parts of yourself, is just as important (in your health) as lifting the iron. After all, what actually does allow you to or disallow you to, train or not train?

There is a spirit in each of you that yearns for the goal you desire. Embrace it. Reach in and pull it out. Hold it in your hands tightly. Let it fuel your hands to allow you to do the handy work necessary. Put it back in your heart to burn brightly and you will be the knight daily and nightly.
(Chillen)

Hope all of you reach your goals. Do not wish you luck, what the heck does that have to do with it? Throw your heart over a fence, and your goal will follow.

Bare truth.

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #32
Goat
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

current - 2012

Press 115 lbs - 180
Bench 160 lbs - 200
Squat 235 lbs -300
Deadlift 250 lbs - 350

Dont know if these are realistic, as i also need to lose 40 to 50 lbs of fat.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #33
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

2D Knock-Out Champion! Lost for Words - Football Teams Champion!
Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Goal weights 2012......

Bench: 405+

Dead: 650+

Raw @ 220

Possibly get ready for the stage in Fall. I will get back on stage but i'm waiting till the time is right. May get pushed till spring 13.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #34
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

I forgot, another goal of mine in 2012 is to pass my test and become a Certified INBF/WNBF Judge.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #35
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
current - 2012

Press 115 lbs - 180
Bench 160 lbs - 200
Squat 235 lbs -300
Deadlift 250 lbs - 350

Dont know if these are realistic, as i also need to lose 40 to 50 lbs of fat.
Less than a year of lifting, you should be able to SMASH these goals.

People make there most progress in the first few years.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #36
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Soccer Tournament Champion!
Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
I forgot, another goal of mine in 2012 is to pass my test and become a Certified INBF/WNBF Judge.
Hope all goes well with that. That would be awesome.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #37
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

To get strong as hell!!! Hopefully, I will gain huge strength and perhaps improve my fitness as well.

Now:
Big 3: 880 or thereabouts
Squat: 308
Bench: 242
Deadlift: 330
Push Press: 165

Hoped for end of 2012:
Big 3: 1100-1200
Squat: 400
Bench: 300
Deadlift: 450-500
Push Press: 220 (or more than my bodyweight at least).

I was originally more conservative but you guys make me think that more is possible.
I know that the above is extremely unlikely but lets aim for the stars!
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #38
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

315 bench

405 squat

595 deadlift

1315 total

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #39
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Final chance! Get your goals up here, perhaps we can sticky this and smash them together as the year progresses.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #40
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Already changed mine as I'm getting into gear. New goals for 2012:

- Qualify for equipped nationals raw with knee wraps
- Learn the gear in time to go fully equipped at Nationals in early April.

And finally

- Beat Fazc at Nationals

Not really but I'd like to get close. This will be very dependent on learning the gear.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote