Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #11
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Films, although I've seen quite a few good ones this year, I'm gonna say The Troll Hunter because it was just ridiculously funny.

Albums and games, hmm...no idea on either of those.

But, me and hubby celebrated 25 years of marriage and had a great day; and I managed to push through and get 2 new PBs (at least) which I didn't think I would considering the year we've had.

They are some of the positives and nice times to be able to look back on.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
But, me and hubby celebrated 25 years of marriage and had a great day;
Congratulations.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Spent most of the year working around different injuries. This have actually been great since I have learnd alot about how the body works and about lifting weights in general.

The best movie of this year? I have seen some good ones but cant really recall anything that stood out, besides this serie - Game Of thrones, and im really looking forward to the next season that starts in April.

Played Super Mario Bros on the Wii this year and it was a great game, from start to finish.

Old Albums but I heard this for the first time this year so im going with this=)

And

Old 12-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Game of Thrones. Forgot about that Swede.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #15
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Personally this was the worst year of my life, but heres something i thought was pretty cool.

At Kmart stores across the country, Santa seems to be getting some help: Anonymous donors are paying off strangers' layaway accounts, buying the Christmas gifts other families couldn't afford, especially toys and children's clothes set aside by impoverished parents.

Read more: Anonymous Donors Pay Off Kmart Layaway Accounts | Fox News
Old 12-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #16
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
But, me and hubby celebrated 25 years of marriage and had a great day; and I managed to push through and get 2 new PBs (at least) which I didn't think I would considering the year we've had.
Congrats!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I forgot about the movie Win Win. One of my favorites from 2011.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #18
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

This has been a very good year for me. I started back to school after a 6 year lay off, and was able to keep my job even though I moved half way across the country to attend my old university. I'm learning how to squat properly, my strength is going up, my health is generally good. There are negatives to each of these stories, but the positives far out-weight them.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #19
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Great contributions, guys and gal.

Movie
The Tree of Life

Haven't seen many good films this year but for the few that I have, The Tree of Life is at the top of the list.

Album
Buke and Gass - Riposte

Came out in late-ish 2010, but only came across it in 2011. Not my run of the mill music, but definitely original and some good sounds coming from this two-person band. That, and they perform exactly as their album sounds -- how music should be.

TV
Game of Throwns

I'm stealing this from Swede because its just an awesome series. It can get pretty "deep" in plot and never boring. Hope the 2nd is as good.

Past that, 2011 has been a great year. As many downs as up's but thats life. The two that tops it all have been two members of my family defeating cancer and, I, graduating college. Lifting has also been excellent; stepped away from the convention mind sets and tried my own thing, many times, with good break throughs.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote