Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Interesting topic Jslep and thanks for sharing.

For me it's just about goals and winning. I'm a driven individual and in Powerlifting I want to be as good as I possibly can be and win competitions and trophies. I know it's not seen as 'politically correct' and that 'beating yourself' is the correct mindset. I even tried to get myself to believe that for a while but that's not me and I can't pretend it is.

I like winning and if I'm going to do a competition I'm there to win. The rest be damned.
I agree 100%

It is always about winning in my eyes. I don't compete to lose. I took second place at my show may of 2010 and at first i wasn't gonna post it in my sig on site cause in my eyes i still failed to some degree. Then after i thought about it i decided to put it in my sig so everytime i get on this site it slaps me in the face that i was so close to winning and maybe just a little more effort on my part and i would have won. Maybe a few more hours of cardio or a few more reps or maybe one less little cheat on that diet and my trophy would have said 1st not second. But thats my point, i could have done any of those things not someone else for me.

6 months after my first BBing show i competed in my first PLing meet. There was NO way i was walkin out a loser. 1st in bench, 2nd in Squat, and 1st in dead to take an overall 1st. I PR'd every lift that day and there was no way i was gonna let anyone beat me!
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #12
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Besides visulizing my goals, Mr. Zhansi video's serve as good temporary motivation.

Prolly watch a vid or two during my warm up

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #13
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
People find there motivation in many ways but where do you find yours?

Is it from a role model?

Is it from a quote?

Is it from a movie?

Is it your family?

Is it just you?

The BEST Motivation - YouTube
Answers:

Is it from a role model? NO

Is it from a quote? NO

Is it from a movie?NO

Is it your family? Partially

Is it just you? Yes

============================================

Explanation:

A person never lacks support and its always personally available. Defeating the mental beasts in which prevents its functional use is the complication.

It's psychologically and biologically within; one has to be consciously aware of it; know how to properly process and utilize it.

One needs a big strong hand to reach in grab the soul to express these infinite riches, and the precious gifts received can never be accessed by anyone.

You become alive and surrounded by an impenetrable shield beating inside yourself. Strum each finger through your soul, feel with accuracy of what you feel, realize and examine what you perceive. Investigate, and just for once, comprehend the master. You can't be defeated, not even by yourself.

The greatest artwork ever created is brushing and painting the power of the soul. It is the greatest personal friendship within your body you will ever possess.

The music created will open the gate of the power kingdom. Your vision becomes clear through this one-way window and nourishes your being as you open the window and view the pictures of life, and realize you have a resolved and impenetrable soul as you receive the lessons of living life.

The inner soul is the toughest "thing" on earth. A weak soul is death, and some walk in this death, and are unaware of it.

And, this I do not forget it......Because It was torn out of me when young, and I had to put this back in to...begin living.....

“My self esteem was embarrassed by my parents”

During my childhood my mother words reached in and pulled out the heart and soul behind my self-esteem and self-image and stomped it; I began adulthood with a broken spirit and a ball and chain that tarnished my self esteem:

I came into this world with the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck and my face blue from lack of oxygen; I was an innocent newborn child dependent upon the outside world for my survival. I had no choice in whom my parents happened to be. I had no control on the type of environment I was brought. I had no choice but to absorb the feedback from my parents, other people, and my environment.

I was innocent and untainted. But, my upbringing tainted the untainted soul.

From the most distant memory of 5 to the age of 18, I was mentally and physically abused as a child. None of these memories have faded with time.

The concept of believing in myself “was” totally foreign to me as a child and including my teen years. My mother destroyed me; she shriveled me up like a prune; shrunk me down to a tiny ant that could be mentally killed with a quick flick of a few words; “My self esteem was embarrassed by my parents”.

Believe me when I tell you, I know much pain in my life and I turned it around. My childhood explains WHY I am the way I am. My mother took the zest for life out of me, and I had to find it. I felt worthless and ashamed of myself at 18 entering a world that would eat you alive while gnashing its teeth laughing.

I set out to put the spirit DEEP INSIDE my children.

In life I try to stir it to those willing to recognize they have it, because it WAS INDEED taken from me when I was young by my mother.

BUT...........I, and I only....put it back inside.

And, so can anyone else. This childhood MOTIVATES ME to prove it WRONG!
And, has all of my life.

And will spend the rest of my life, proving to others they have it to.

==============================
Grow strong mental limbs from the root of knowledge.

Let the limbs branch out and bring in strengths

Let the leaves on the branch grow to soak in the light of overcoming weaknesses.

When the time of the season comes, these leaves will fall off and return to the ground near the root, exposing the TRUE LIGHT

The TRUE LIGHT is you.

(Chillen)

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
People find there motivation in many ways but where do you find yours?

Is it from a role model?

Is it from a quote?

Is it from a movie?

Is it your family?

Is it just you?

The BEST Motivation - YouTube
Is it from a role model? No

Is it from a quote? No

Is it from a movie? No

Is it your family? No

Is it just you? Yes

I was around 42lbs overweight and wanted/needed to change; I like being fit and would prefer to stay that way, if possible, barring illness and the unforseen future, and that's my motivation...or was. Now, however, I feel some of the motivation is to smash a PB, and PB, as long as it gets smashed; either way, it still leads, ultimately, to better fitness in some way, so it's all good.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post

I was around 42lbs overweight and wanted/needed to change;
I did not know that Babs.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #16
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

I'm motivated by a few things mostly by always wanting to be the strongest and what not.

But what I think motivates me the most was when I was younger I was very overweight and out of shape. I was 240 at 13 years old, then I decided I hated the way I was and in about two years went from 240ish to around 165. I did all that really bad, mostly by doing to much cardio and starving myself.

Then I started boxing, along with that they had a small weight room there and I started lifting. After a while I fell in love with it, so I quit boxing bought a weight set and now powerlift. I just never want to go back to just being that fat guy thats really weak, I would much rather be that fat guy who is very strong.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:11 AM   #17
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

what motivates me is my wife and children.

I want to be the husband/dad that they are proud to stand beside and look up to.

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #18
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

I want to look good for my wife and live a long, healthy life.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #19
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
Besides visulizing my goals, Mr. Zhansi video's serve as good temporary motivation.

Prolly watch a vid or two during my warm up
The muscle factory vids are also awesome. They have lots of quotes that get me going.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #20
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
The muscle factory vids are also awesome. They have lots of quotes that get me going.
ok, thanks Soldier! Do i search for them on youtube or do they have a website? I guess i can google it tho, being lazy, lol.

Ready for some vidz

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote