Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor
Default Are they smoking crack!?

Washington Capitals just fired coach Bruce Boudreau.... OMG.... What the f*ck...?

Capitals fire Bruce Boudreau; Dale Hunter named new head coach - Capitals Insider - The Washington Post

Last edited by Shadowschmadow; 11-28-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Shadowschmadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

He have some Penn State secret hiding in his closet?
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

No, nothing like that. They haven't been producing well these past few games. Still, that doesn't justify firing the guy who turned your garbage-ass team into an elite team of athletes.

When I first started watching caps, it was $10 a ticket to get into a game. No one cared about the caps, and they were almost never mentioned on the news. Now its like 50-60 for nose bleeds and people are rocking the red everywhere. He took a team that had lost like 8-12 straight games, and hadn't seen a playoff in over 8 years, to being division champs and going to the playoffs repeatedly.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
TitanWIP
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39

TitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good posts

Aren't they like 12 and 8 or something? I heard this on ESPN radio and didn't understand why he got dumped with a winning record.
TitanWIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanWIP View Post
Aren't they like 12 and 8 or something? I heard this on ESPN radio and didn't understand why he got dumped with a winning record.
I'm not 100% sure what their record is. I know they've been losing quite a bit recently, but they started the season off with 8 straight WINS!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Checked the standings and they are 12-9-1.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Not a sterling record by any means, but its a little early in the season to make decisions like that, IMO. Although, I have heard "talk" about them possibly canning Bruce because he always gets them to the playoffs, but they never go further. However, that to me seemed like gossip.

Never thought they'd actually do it.... I guess only time will tell.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

I heard that he and Ovi were not on good terms, so i guess if you have to pick between your star player and coach your player is going to win.
SeventySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #9
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
I heard that he and Ovi were not on good terms, so i guess if you have to pick between your star player and coach your player is going to win.
I haven't been watching this season, but I didn't overhear anything about that. I know him and Semin were bucking at each other, and Bruce sat him down for a game as reality check.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I haven't been watching this season, but I didn't overhear anything about that. I know him and Semin were bucking at each other, and Bruce sat him down for a game as reality check.
They havent been getting along at all. He has been taking PP time away from him, limiting his ice time. Limiting his offensive dynamic and getting him to play more defensive.
SeventySeven is offline   Reply With Quote