Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member
Default This is why dogs are awesome

The dog refuses to leave his owner, even after death.

BBC News - China dog refuses to leave dead owner's graveside
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Reminds me of my little barker. He follows me everywhere at all times.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

A good story and one that I can relate to. A close friend's father had taken their dog for walk on a local trail, unfortunately he had a stroke and passed away. Family-friends found him on the trail some hours later with the dog laying across his body...
mans best friend...
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

When my dog had his ruptured disc in his back, the surgeon lied to us and told us that it was either surgery or locking him in his cage for 2 weeks with very limited activity to see if it would heal itself. He told us it would be about 8 grand to do the surgery, and this was when we were saving for our house. We were pressed to get him fixed as he was in a ton of pain, so we approved the surgery, knowing it would wipe out all of our savings for the house.

Long story short, he didn't need to have the surgery. They more or less killed him and then revived him after putting him under anesthetics and his primary vet found out and told us that steroids and anti-inflammatory pills would fix it.

During that time, of course, everyone voiced their opinions. Some said I was crazy, some said it would be selfish to put him down when it only hurt him 5 minutes out of the day (which is where I was at) and others laughed about the situation and told me to put him down. One of those who laughed was the wife's dad, who made the mistake of thinking that I don't value my dog. He kept pressing and I kept my cool for a while. Finally, I looked at him and told him I'd spend 8k to save my dog before I'd spend 8k to save his life. If there was ever a statement to shut someone up, it was that one. I think that made it known that I care more about my dog than I do most people.

People lie, cheat, steal, rape, murder, etc. and do them intentionally. People don't hesitate to **** you over when they get the opportunity, and they only look out for themselves, ultimately. My dog never leaves my side, makes us happy when we're sad and gives us a buddy when we're falling apart. And when called for, all 25-30lbs of him will be ready to tear anyone apart who tries to harm us (whether he physically can or not). I can always count on him to be there for me - the same cannot be said for people.

Treat a dog right, and their loyalty to serve you cannot be beaten. This is a fine (and sad ) example of how far they're willing to go.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
runwithme
Brawn
Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

runwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality posts

This is really neat but yet sad at the same time. It is amazing that dogs can be so loyal. They really are members of a family.
runwithme is offline   Reply With Quote