Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor
Default Manny Pacquiao is a terrible boxer...

...in an alternate dimension, because he's ridiculously good at it in this one.

how strong he is for how fast he is reminds me of Ali, in a convenient pocket-sized filipino package.

he's got a cool story, too, about his rise to fame in boxing. would a mayweather fight be the matchup of his career or a giant disappointing beatdown?

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
piatraelfa
New Brawn
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

piatraelfa is off to a bad start

He may be. But he is not as invincible as we thought he is. And Marquez has just proved it couple of days ago.
There are already rumors telling that only the influence of Manny's agent has stopped the judges from giving the fight to Marquez, as otherwise, the $100m superfight againt Mayweather would have been put in danger.
piatraelfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
tank
Max Brawn

tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by piatraelfa View Post
He may be. But he is not as invincible as we thought he is. And Marquez has just proved it couple of days ago.
There are already rumors telling that only the influence of Manny's agent has stopped the judges from giving the fight to Marquez, as otherwise, the $100m superfight againt Mayweather would have been put in danger.
that sucks, but i guess greatness will ALWAYS be coupled with controversy.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #4
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

He was a great boxer but there are signs of decline. Marquez is the first boxer of this style that Pac has fought in years. Pac struggles against this style and has faced brawlers in recent years. Perhaps he should have been put in with a low-rent fighter of similar style to Marquez within the last 24 months to see how he would have coped.

Although Mayweather's style is a little more linear than Marquez's and Floyd will be a little easier for Pac to hit IMO, he is stronger, faster and better than Marquez and I could only see a comfortable win for Floyd.

But I'll say one thing, Mayweather is no G.O.A.T simply because he has never challenged himself adequately. Casamayor, Freitas, Tszyu, Cotto and Margarito are just 5 names he didn't fight at various times in his career for one reason or another. Maybe he would have beat them all, he is talented enough but who knows? There is a marked difference between all-time great talent and actually proving it and he has not IMO. Besides, Castillo beat him in their first fight and I believe that Sergio Martinez would spank Mayweather at 154 provided his body holds up at the weight.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:35 AM   #5
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piatraelfa View Post

good point ,

a more interesting point for me is how Pacquiao's strength and speed increased after the age of 30.......
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
bulletproof
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

bulletproof is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
good point ,

a more interesting point for me is how Pacquiao's strength and speed increased after the age of 30.......
Try to guess. There is a reason he has refused to do a blood test before the fight.
bulletproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
tank
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
He was a great boxer but there are signs of decline. Marquez is the first boxer of this style that Pac has fought in years. Pac struggles against this style and has faced brawlers in recent years. Perhaps he should have been put in with a low-rent fighter of similar style to Marquez within the last 24 months to see how he would have coped.

Although Mayweather's style is a little more linear than Marquez's and Floyd will be a little easier for Pac to hit IMO, he is stronger, faster and better than Marquez and I could only see a comfortable win for Floyd.

But I'll say one thing, Mayweather is no G.O.A.T simply because he has never challenged himself adequately. Casamayor, Freitas, Tszyu, Cotto and Margarito are just 5 names he didn't fight at various times in his career for one reason or another. Maybe he would have beat them all, he is talented enough but who knows? There is a marked difference between all-time great talent and actually proving it and he has not IMO. Besides, Castillo beat him in their first fight and I believe that Sergio Martinez would spank Mayweather at 154 provided his body holds up at the weight.
IMO a true champion and warrior would want to fight anyone.

maybe that's a fundamental difference in boxing these days compared to days of old, or even UFC.