Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Ignoring the Haters

An article/blog post I found @

LIFT-RUN-BANG: You just can't give a shit

Quote:
You just can't give a shit
When I was a younger man, the opinions of my peers were important to me. I think the need for acceptance or approval is a common trait in young men. Even in so called "alpha males".

But as you get older and life hands you out bigger priorities than being king shit amongst your friends or getting the last word in, things start to change. You learn how to not sweat the petty bullshit.

You really begin to understand that YOU have to live your life, and be happy with it. Damn what people who don't matter in your life thinks about it.

I think the lifting community is made up of a metric shit-ton of guys who care too much about what everyone else thinks, or thinks that their opinions matter more than they really do.

But isn't that life too?

At the end of the day, all that matters is that you're happy with your own bullshit. Because we all have bullshit in our life. But some of it is worth dealing with, and some of it is not. It's up to you to decide what bullshit is not worth dealing with, then being smart enough to break out the pressure washer and spray it off. When you're able to do this, you'll find out that you're a much happier person, and that's good for you and the people around you. Because they don't want to deal with your bullshit either. Right?

The thing I'm getting at here is, don't seek happiness through the acceptance or approval of others. Because you're life will end up being an empty shell a lot of the time. You're not always going to be able to make people happy, and a lot of people aren't going to accept you for who you are in some ways. And that's perfectly fine....so long as you're not the Unibomber or Charles Mason (and even ol Charlie got a lot of people to accept him and even call him Jesus. How about that?).

People who do crossfit take shit

Powerlifters take shit

Bodybuilders take shit

Runners take shit

Triathletes takes shit

Everyone takes shit at some point or another. Whether it's for what sport they decide to pick up, their lifting philosophy or methodology, the clothes they wear, the car they drive. Someone will try to find a way to say you are lesser for what you have or what you do or believe.

My attitude? They can go eat an AIDS sandwich and keep bitching.

You know why? Because that's what haters do. They hate. That's their job. If you're doing something that makes you happy, gives you fulfillment who they hell are they to tell you it shouldn't? But, take it as compliment. Everyone who has ever done ANYTHING worth talking about has haters. Bam. Period.

Hot women have haters everywhere. They are called ugly women who feel self conscious at the sight of hot women.

"Look at her girl, you know she thinks she's all that."

Guys do it when they see a guy they see women staring at.

"That guy? Total douche bag. You kidding me?"

It's all about breaking other people down in order to make them feel better. You need to meet THEIR criteria for something in order for them to not feel offended. **** that. If my training ecstasy and enjoyment comes from running a stretch band up my ass crack until I bleed and I feel like that makes me strong, who is to tell me it doesn't? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Whatever. Not that I do that. But still.

Only spend time with the people who will cry at your funeral and live your life in a way that gives you fulfillment. The haters can pick up some haterade on aisle 9 then go bathe in a cancer sauna.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
My attitude? They can go eat an AIDS sandwich and keep bitching.
Quote of the year...
Old 11-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Good blog that. Been following that since he started it. He has some pretty good articles on training too, especially a 2 part Squat article from a while back.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Good blog that. Been following that since he started it. He has some pretty good articles on training too, especially a 2 part Squat article from a while back.
I'll have to take a look.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Fazc
Max Brawn

Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

LIFT-RUN-BANG: Developing your raw squat - Pt. I
Old 11-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
Violent Volume
Brawn
Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts

Quote:
Thanks for the link.
Violent Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I like that blog. I forget the guy's name but he's big mates with Wendler and it shows. Good read.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
Fazc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I like that blog. I forget the guy's name but he's big mates with Wendler and it shows. Good read.

LtL
Paul Carter.

He used to post on another, quite loud, forum that I've been a member of since 2000. He fell out of the scene for a while but this blog is fantastic really, I ordered his programs as well. He gives out a lot of good info and I figured I'd pay him back.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Paul Carter.

He used to post on another, quite loud, forum that I've been a member of since 2000. He fell out of the scene for a while but this blog is fantastic really, I ordered his programs as well. He gives out a lot of good info and I figured I'd pay him back.
I like that attitude. This is why I'm buying a slingshot and not any of the knock offs: Mark Bell provides a LOT of help and information to the community and I want to give something back.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote