Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Happy Halloween - Scariest Movie (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7759)

BendtheBar 10-31-2011 07:37 AM

Happy Halloween - Scariest Movie

What's the scariest/creepiest movie you've ever seen?

5kgLifter 10-31-2011 07:43 AM

Shivers (the original)

Shadowschmadow 10-31-2011 07:45 AM

For me, white noise hands down.

I saw that movie back when I was in high school. That same weekend my parents were out of town, my sister was staying at her boyfriend and I was stuck at home with the dog. Now my parents live in a pretty big house, which is creepy as shit at night if you're the only one home. Anyways, on to the story...

So I'm sleeping and I have a phone in my room - this was the same day I saw that movie. At about 2:30 am the phone starts ringing. I caught the phone when the answering machine had kicked on, the only thing I heard was pretty loud static. I hung that shit up immediately and I freaked the f*ck out - grabbing every "weapon" I could find. I turned on all the lights and a kiddy movie and stayed awake all night.

Not my proudest moment in life... :( And thinking about it still gives me goose-bumps

BendtheBar 10-31-2011 07:48 AM

The Shining and Alien get my vote.

BendtheBar 10-31-2011 07:48 AM

I have never heard of Shivers or White Noise, and I thought I've heard them all.

Shadowschmadow 10-31-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 185013)
I have never heard of Shivers or White Noise, and I thought I've heard them all.

I don't know if White Noise would scare me now... I been pretty successful at supressing that memory. Lol. All I know is that for whatever reason, that movie f*cked with my brain for about a week. Maybe you should check it out....

bigtim27 10-31-2011 07:51 AM

I love the Shining and The Exorcist. White Noise I also saw in the theaters but wasn't impressed by it also a fan of Stir Of Echos and Insidious

Shadowschmadow 10-31-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtim27 (Post 185015)
I love the Shining and The Exorcist. White Noise I also saw in the theaters but wasn't impressed by it also a fan of Stir Of Echos and Insidious

Never said it was a good movie. Lol, just scared the shit outta me.

5kgLifter 10-31-2011 07:56 AM

Salem's Lot (the original version) is another, for hubby.

There's one which isn't a horror movie and is based on a couple that get tormented through the night and eventually killed by a group of children...freaks me out; the fact that it is also actual true events being portrayed, doesn't help with the not-freaking-out-issue, but I can't recall the name of the film.

Basically, a children's prank to torment people in thier own home goes horribly wrong and the people kill what they think are intruders, then the kids kill them. Teens dressed in hoodies, crawling through the storm pipes, getting in to their house, starting their car etc...freaky, until you read the end script about the case coming to court and such.

Shadowschmadow 10-31-2011 07:58 AM

Real life stories always hit the hardest... Although Hollywood does a good job at making the events more terrifying than if you were just reading about it in the paper.