Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast
Default Hemp Hearts

My sister in law used to work for a holistic chiropractor. The chiro was into supplements, foods, and such. One of the products offered by he doctor was hemp hearts. It was billed as a fibre supplement mostly I guess. Anyway, a few months ago my sister in law sent us home with a small tub of hemp hearts. My wife didn't care for them much. I liked them because I could sprinkle a spoonful over my cottage cheese. It provided a nutty flavor and some different texture. I'd enjoy it once in a while. Not on a daily basis or anything. In fact we still have about half of the one pound tub left. And this is about three or four months now.

Fast forward to today. I'm driving home from the shoe store with my new steel toe shoes that I need for my new job. I'm feeling pretty confident. I have a job offer and I'm just waiting the results of a drug test. I'm relaxed and happy that there's nothing in my system to show up. I haven't been on any supplements. I haven't had a beer since Friday. Then I remember the dish of cottage cheese and hemp hearts I had (was it Saturday or Sunday night? I can't remember). I took a urine test Monday afternoon. Is it posible for something to show up?

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Unlikely.

I have personally administered hundreds of drug tests and I can tell you this...They look for a certain level of nanograms per ml, so unless you smoked a blunt during the last week or two you're most likely safe.

Many rapid tests are 50 ng/ml. Some tests go as low as 15-25 ng/ml, but I think those are very rare, and certainly not the norm.

Also Val, many varieties of hemp hearts contain no THC.

Even if they do contain THC, I found this quote:

Quote:
If the only source of the psychoactive THC in your body is from hemp foods, ...eaten in reasonable quantities, it is virtually impossible to fail a drug test by ingesting hemp foods due to the fact that THC levels in our products are barely measurable.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Good to hear, BTB. I've had probably two tablespoons in the past week. I had been out of work and without prospects so long that I completely forgot about the possibility of a drug test. My wife can now let me out of the dawg house. The pay checks can resume rolling in.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote