Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A big thanks (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7615)

BendtheBar 10-16-2011 11:23 AM

A big thanks

I want to say a big thanks to all the great members of this forum. We have added some amazingly intelligent and experienced lifters this year and I want to encourage them to continue to share their knowledge in any way they can.

I also want to encourage everyone else to start threads whenever they have questions...no question is too small.

Let's keep the ball rolling and build this forum into the best on the net. If you have an opinion share it. We respect the iron and want to hear it no matter what your goal is - bodybuilding, powerlifting or just general fitness and health.

gaspers04 10-16-2011 11:27 AM

Youre the bestest SteveO.

Chillen 10-16-2011 11:33 AM

I like the forum, because I respect the owner/operator (BTB) setting the tone of the forum: in that we can have a difference in an opinion, but agree to disagree and discuss it in an intelligent, respectable, and adult-like manner, without resorting to trash-balling like on other forums. I personally believe this is they way it should be. We are all different people, and form opinions as we gain experience under the bar, gain education, and ticker with our diets, but we do not have to be disrectable about it.

Cheers BTB, for setting the correct and professional tone.:rockon:

Kuytrider 10-16-2011 02:48 PM

I checked a few places before I saw this one. The other places were too full of childish name calling, internet warriors desperately trying to get a virtual 'one up' on everyone else and lacking meaty information. M&B is different and I salute all you guys on here for having the desire to help and lead by example. :mh:

5kgLifter 10-16-2011 02:58 PM

I was thinking about this earlier this morning. MAB is one of the very few places left where "discussion" about training still occurs and occurs freely.

If a thread is started and the OP has found information relating to a certain aspect of training, people that subsequently add to the thread do not come out with direct negativity, they do not come out flaming...instead, they add what they have learned or know about the topic within the thread.

They all respect that there are many different viewpoints out there and that it isn't necessarily the case that one person has all the available knowledge about a certain aspect; but, rather, adding their own found/experieced knowlegde to the thread makes it a better thread with a lot more viewpoints brought to the fore.

I hope it reamins that way and never goes the route of so many other forums where the OP is considered an idiot, loser, etc...and where a view that has many sides that may not be know to the OP is seen as rubbish, stupid etc and subsequently dismissed without discussion.

big_swede 10-16-2011 03:28 PM

This is the one forum where everyone gets respect and there are not haters, that lets us all focus on what matters, heavy ass weight and to help each other progress and give feedback and share experiences.

Cant beat that, and thank chief for the great work youve done putting this together, and thanks to all forum members!

bruteforce 10-16-2011 03:35 PM

I really like the acceptance and welcoming atmosphere in MAB. Other forums are much less friendly to Paleo followers. Its also opened my eyes to a core truth in strength sports as well as life. Certain core principles always apply, and the smaller pieces may vary from person to person based on their strengths and goals. That people here can accept and apply this has helped my grow immensely and makes me look forward to the time when I have gathered enough experience to help others in the same way I have been helped.

bamazav 10-16-2011 03:50 PM

Great forum. I enjoy coming here often. May not always spoken up, but I read most everything. Thanks everyone.

rippednmichigan 10-17-2011 07:37 AM

This will always be home.

Sent from my Epic 4G with Tapatalk

LtL 10-17-2011 07:54 AM

MAB is a fun and challenging environment because we make it so. I love it.

LtL