Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Chillen-out with a Log Partner (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7614)

Chillen 10-16-2011 11:21 AM

Chillen-out with a Log Partner

Im seeking a Training log partner. The partner can have simular goals, but this isnt necessary. I have been training at home the last few years, and have a home gym.

We can work out the particulars as we move along.

Any takers? :) Lets grow a pair! :rockon:

LtL 10-16-2011 11:39 AM

I don't understand what you're asking for here :confused:

LtL

Chillen 10-16-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 180950)
I don't understand what you're asking for here :confused:

LtL

Two persons share a log. They post their training and diet, motivate one another, and make comments, as they move together toward there respected personal goals. Instead of one person having a personal training log, two share one. And, can even have fun competitions, and such as they move along. Basically a TEAM JOURNAL of two.

LtL 10-16-2011 11:52 AM

Isn't that what we're all doing? Posting motivation, competing, helping each other out posting in the logs :confused:

Regardless, good luck with it all :rockon:

LtL

Chillen 10-16-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 180952)
Isn't that what we're all doing? Posting motivation, competing, helping each other out posting in the logs :confused:

Regardless, good luck with it all :rockon:

LtL

Its two teaming together in one journal and responsible to one another. It was just a thought, if no wants to this is cool.

Mr.Silverback 10-16-2011 04:15 PM

It sounds like a good idea, I would be game but our goals are different :-(

glwanabe 10-16-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillen (Post 180958)
Its two teaming together in one journal and responsible to one another. It was just a thought, if no wants to this is cool.

I like the idea, I hope you find the right person.

My posting will be minimal for awhile.

kitarpyar 10-16-2011 06:01 PM

Sounds like a good idea. It helps if both of them have the same goal too. What goals are you working towards Chillen?

bamazav 10-16-2011 07:50 PM

What you are suggesting sounds interesting. As another home gym user, I know what it is like to desire a training partner. That said, what are your goals? This might help some of us determine if we might be a match.

Chillen 10-17-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitarpyar (Post 181003)
Sounds like a good idea. It helps if both of them have the same goal too. What goals are you working towards Chillen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 181016)
What you are suggesting sounds interesting. As another home gym user, I know what it is like to desire a training partner. That said, what are your goals? This might help some of us determine if we might be a match.

My goals run year to year (You can get a brief background on me in the thread: Vital-Statements).

My goal this year, is pretty simple. I want to bulk a small bit, and then lean back down to about 8% just before my 51st birthday. Currently, I am between 8 to 9, but haven't had a DEXA scan in about 3 weeks or so. Going to get one on Thursday, so its a visual estimate. When I lean back down, I want to be above 172 ish (dry weight, without adding the normal flux during the day -/+ 3 to 4 pounds). Basically net about 3 to 4 pounds (over-all) muscle. Last year, I netted about 3 pounds approximately.

In my workouts, I peform Upper/Lower Slow-rep Circuits. Upper is basically a push/pull circuit. I focus upon time under the bar as well as time between sets, with heart rate up. I progressively respond well to this as compared to more conventional methods. Diet I can get into, later, as we move along in the journal. I also focus on cardiovascular conditioning: Have to take care of the engine that moves the house.

I am personally a very demanding individual. I let my brain dictate correct action, as I know my body lies and tells the truth.

Do either of you want to partner up? :)