Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

I've found some heavy walkouts following the main work is great for building confidence under heavy loads. Last thing you want to have running through your mind before heavy attempts is "holy shit, this is heavy." The walkouts help. Not a fan of doing them before the heavy attempt though.

Holding the bar in place for a few seconds before attempted lifts also does quite a bit in letting your body/cns settle and adjust to the load before you actually move it.

Not a fan of overloaded partials as they've never helped me. My weakest positions are most always at the bottom of the lift and thats the area that needs to be trained should I use any type of partial movement. A stronger lockout doesn't benefit a weak bottom. A strong bottom however can benefit a weak lockout (speed/momentum). This is one of the good things about band work as it can build the bottom even though the bottom is lighter -- more power is developed at the bottom to push through the heavier upper.

Not directly related, but along similar paths, for squats, chinese weightlifters will work up to a 1 rep-training-max, if its a failed attempt they'll drop down some weight for a few singles, doubles, or triples, before reattempting and many times they'll hit it. Priming/warming up the cns in a way... just something else to think about...

Last edited by Pull14; 10-14-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links