Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Misconceptions about people (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7574)

5kgLifter 10-11-2011 08:50 AM

Misconceptions about people

What do we think when we see people? Many, we just try and fit neatly into a preconcieved notion of what their outward appearance generally indicates, which really isn't the case at times.

The female in the second vid, highlights what many assume about people of certain sizes, whilst the first vid proves you can still be building muscle well into your dotage.

Shadowschmadow 10-11-2011 09:00 AM

Ahaha, that last one is great. My friend, who never listens to me about training and swears my other friend who weighs 140 knows more than I do, both just got out-deadlifted by that woman.

My life is complete. :D

BendtheBar 10-11-2011 09:05 AM

Love the last video, plus, she gave us a woo after deadlifting. God bless her.

Rich Knapp 10-11-2011 09:07 AM

lol I trained with a 75 year old P/Ling grandma in the late 90's that had world records. Some dusty books have great info in them. ;)

Shadowschmadow 10-11-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 179411)
Love the last video, plus, she gave us a woo after deadlifting. God bless her.

She pulled it with such ease. :)

5kgLifter 10-11-2011 09:47 AM

375 lbs Wow, just wow! :)

BendtheBar 10-11-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 179425)

So nice to see her push those hips forward and lockout a deadlift the easy way.

Shadowschmadow 10-11-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 179506)
So nice to see her push those hips forward and lockout a deadlift the easy way.

So many people just don't understand... :(

storm1507 10-11-2011 12:48 PM

Just had time to watch the first vid....

Wow, what calves!

ElementalVirago 10-11-2011 01:07 PM

I attended a demo at my work put on by a local kettlebell gym that included a circuit in which we, the spectators, were encouraged to participate, and most of us did. In the group were a few guys from my office that think they know everything and can outlift anyone (you know, the type of guy that enters the weight room, pulls a few bicep curls, stares at himself flexed in the mirror, then leaves, satisified).

One portion of the circuit was pushups using a bosu ball. The owner's mom was a woman in her 60's and also one of the regulars in the kettlebell gym. I'm doing my part of the circuit and I look up, she's barking at one of the guys *attempting* to do the pushup part. Finally she gets down on it to show him how it's properly done. Dood still couldn't do it. Old woman out-gunned a young buck. That was a great moment in my life.

Incidentally I rocked the bosu ball pushups. :D