Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
Livingitup48
Brawn
Points: 2,076, Level: 27 Points: 2,076, Level: 27 Points: 2,076, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Livingitup48 is off to a good startLivingitup48 is off to a good startLivingitup48 is off to a good start
Default Sex talk

Is it ok to talk sex? This is a serious topic for me. My husband left me after 22 years but we never had much of a relationship for the last 12. Do you couples that have been married for a while still maintain decent relations?
Livingitup48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

Not an easy subject to talk about but I know many couples that fight over this issue. Kids change a lot of things.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

The longer you're together, the less sex matters. If you split up after 22 years, my guess is that sex wasn't the only problem. Maybe part, but not all. The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence, but it's still just grass in the end. LOL
Old 10-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

if people truly love one another there are no expectations and no limitations on sex in a relationship. not kids(i have 3) not jobs(i'm days, she's nights) if you really feel that sex needs to be a huge part of the relationship you can and will find times.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #5
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingitup48 View Post
Is it ok to talk sex? This is a serious topic for me. My husband left me after 22 years but we never had much of a relationship for the last 12. Do you couples that have been married for a while still maintain decent relations?
"Decent" is a relative term. Married 25 years here, good and bad times, we all have them. Some are organic, ie bodily hormonal changes, some are not. The harder issues to deal with are the ones that are not organic, the relational issues that exist in EVERY relationship. Both do affect what happens in the bedroom and as you have noted, can destroy a marriage. Biggest non organic Issue I see, we want to change our spouse. Will never happen. Like in the gym, the only thing I can change is me. If I keep wanting or hoping for my spouse to change to please me, I will be disappointed. I am trying to focus on being the best me I can be, for her and the family. Sometimes, that means being physical, even when I don't really feel like it.

I'm done.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Over time I had to learn to foster trust and communication, while also learning to be a servant instead of a selfish young fart. Things can get better, but it's hard work. My wife and I had to work hard at our relationship. Nothing is ever easy, but if the couple isn't communicating and has lost trust, then things in the bedroom will only get worse.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Sex is a big issue at the beginning of a relationship. Sex is a big issue at the end of a relationship. In-between, it's not even top 100.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

I have been married 27 years, and we dated about 3 years before that. Above all else, she is my best friend. If there was ever two personalities that were made to blend together, it was hers and mine. I can confide in her anything personal or personally-sensetive, without worry that she would use it as a tool to hurt me emotionally when she gets angry. We have always been open with our feelings, and sex is no different. I made a point, early on in our relationship, that if I did anything (intentional or nonintentional) that I never wanted her to hide her feelings and to let me know. I can not fix what I do not know. I can only attempt to fix what I know exists. We KNOW as a man and woman, we have different set of needs/wants, etc, and we talk about these--openly and honest, then excute the agreed premises. I have learned that over 90% of marriage is NOT in the bed room, but out of it. What you do in the 90% effects the remaining percentage.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 10-09-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Well said Chillen. I've been married almost 31 years now. First time I kissed my wife she was in the 7th grade, I was in the 8th. You just have to keep eatin' the grass in your own pasture. Like I said before, the grass might look greener on the other side of the fence, but it's still grass. I still look at the other grass, but I don't eat it.LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #10
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
Well said Chillen. I've been married almost 31 years now. First time I kissed my wife she was in the 7th grade, I was in the 8th. You just have to keep eatin' the grass in your own pasture. Like I said before, the grass might look greener on the other side of the fence, but it's still grass. I still look at the other grass, but I don't eat it.LOL
Yes, don't eat the grass... Like Adam and Eve, and the apple; only bad shit will come of it. Lol.