Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #11
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post

Magic shoes are no substitute for squats??

Wow, wearing special shoes alone won't build the butt you've always wanted?? *GASP* Who would have ever guessed THAT?? /sarcasm font

Reebok to Pay $25 Million in Customer Refunds To Settle FTC Charges of Deceptive Advertising of EasyTone and RunTone Shoes
No magic shoes for squats??

astounds me that they can get a refund for idiocy of buying the product and believing the ads in the first place...then again, advertisers need a swift kick up the butt once in a while anyway
Old 09-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #12
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

But this guy in the gym told me this other guy's brother in the next town over got ripped using the shake weight while balancing on a bosu ball!

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #13
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Funny (and true) story: My wife has a pair of the Skecher Shape-Ups shoes (similar to the Reebok ones advertised), and she was doing a training class (agile development methods, or something similar). For this class they used making paper airplanes as an example of the process, and my wife volunteered to be the "tester". This involved picking up a plane, moving to a mark on the floor, and launching the plane such that it would fly at least as far as another line on the floor.

Well, she got into a groove of running to where they were building the planes and running backwards to the line to launch them. Until she let her weight go a LITTLE too far back, and then she rolled over the back of the shoes and... fell right on her butt. Needless to say everyone got a good laugh out of it.

Oops...
Valentin Konstantin Platz
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #14
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

The fashionable thing, at the moment, is the MTB style shoe; after doing a bit of research on them, it turns out that if you don't walk in them in a certain way, you can end up with hyperextended knees and a whole host of joint problems...funny that, because ordinary shoes, that we've been using for years, can be walked in by anybody with any gait and cause no knee issues at all

Avoidance of all and any shoes that have a very noticeable curved heel strike area is now top of my list, when hunting for footwear.