Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Is that the same taximan who thinks that deodorant is in the same group as the easter bunny and santa claus, ie: he doesn't believe in it????

LtL
Are you saying he has a soap and water allergy?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I'm saying that when he enters the gym, he smells worse than I do leaving!

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #13
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

I heard a guy in the gym say he dont train legs because all power comes from arms and chest.
SeventySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
I heard a guy in the gym say he dont train legs because all power comes from arms and chest.
Oh really. I guess leg drive in sports is overrated.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #15
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Haha, not sure what kind of antics I will see at the gym but I know the last time I went there for the induction, the one female that was there could not take her eyes off me and in the leaflet they hand out on etiquette, it hints that women are the worst at the gym, for stare-downs and such.
I rarely get irked in gyms but the one that stands out I still remember now and it was about 11 years ago. This female lifter was doing Bench Dips but insisted on using the only Bench Press station in the gym. There were about 12 other plain benches she could have used but she insisted on using the one with the uprights. When I asked her, she refused to move saying she had every right to be there.

Look, I'm not picking on you because you're a woman. So stop being a defensive twat!!!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #16
Fazc
Max Brawn

Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
Had a taxi driver once tell me he doesn't work his legs as he gets enough from working the car pedals.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Had a taxi driver once tell me he doesn't work his legs as he gets enough from working the car pedals.
Yes! I believe Tom Platz once said the same thing. I believe he drove taxi prior to his bodybuilding years.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
I rarely get irked in gyms but the one that stands out I still remember now and it was about 11 years ago. This female lifter was doing Bench Dips but insisted on using the only Bench Press station in the gym. There were about 12 other plain benches she could have used but she insisted on using the one with the uprights. When I asked her, she refused to move saying she had every right to be there.

Look, I'm not picking on you because you're a woman. So stop being a defensive twat!!!
Some people will just always take things the wrong way...when I saw the girl doing inclined press-ups using the smith machine, I wondered why she had to take up a machine space to do them; pretty sure she could have found somewhere else and freed up the machine. It wasn't busy though, so I suppose it wasn't really an issue.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #19
Fazc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Some people will just always take things the wrong way...when I saw the girl doing inclined press-ups using the smith machine, I wondered why she had to take up a machine space to do them; pretty sure she could have found somewhere else and freed up the machine. It wasn't busy though, so I suppose it wasn't really an issue.
Although to flip this around; at my first ever PL Meet this older woman sort of took me under her wing and made sure I did everything I needed to do correctly, like weigh-ins, changing, making sure I was ready before I was called up etc. I had my brother there but we were both as clueless as each other! She was a really lovely woman and made the Meet a hell of a lot smoother for me.

After that Meet I never competed in BWLA again, moving to the BDFPA so I never saw her after that.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #20
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Although to flip this around; at my first ever PL Meet this older woman sort of took me under her wing and made sure I did everything I needed to do correctly, like weigh-ins, changing, making sure I was ready before I was called up etc. I had my brother there but we were both as clueless as each other! She was a really lovely woman and made the Meet a hell of a lot smoother for me.

After that Meet I never competed in BWLA again, moving to the BDFPA so I never saw her after that.
In the world of weights, that would be like a one-in-a-million meeting, but great, nevertheless.