Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fat Man Sues Over Seat Size (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7301)

BendtheBar 09-12-2011 10:49 PM

Fat Man Sues Over Seat Size

Oversize Man Sues White Castle Over Seats

Quote:

A 290-pound New York man is steaming mad at the White Castle fast-food chain, which he claims repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger.

Off Road 09-12-2011 11:36 PM

They should have done it. They probably would have turned a profit on that guy alone.

Muscletrainerdh 09-13-2011 05:36 AM

Hmmm... Can I sue some restaurants where the space between the booth seats and table are TOO BIG and I have to lean forward and reach for my plate at the table because of my lean build?

It's causing a great deal of pain in my lower back to hold that position while I eat.

LOL :D

Soldier 09-13-2011 06:40 AM

I was unconfortable when I was 310 lbs, including having trouble sitting. I was even once unable to ride a rollercoaster because the bar wouldn't come down all the way over my legs.

Now I'm 210, and have very few issues!

Amazing how that worked out.

BendtheBar 09-13-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscletrainerdh (Post 170278)
Hmmm... Can I sue some restaurants where the space between the booth seats and table are TOO BIG and I have to lean forward and reach for my plate at the table because of my lean build?

Good idea. My poor children. It's like reaching across the Grand Canyon to eat.

5kgLifter 09-13-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscletrainerdh (Post 170278)

It's causing a great deal of pain in my lower back to hold that position while I eat.

LOL :D

We have the oppposite problem at some places here, you can literally end up sticking your fork in the meal of the people sat at the next table, if you don't pay attention to where your meal is and where the table ends. :D

I have to go sideways through the tables and still manage to hit both tables and I'm a skinny nothing; you guys would stand NO chance...though, it would be funny as hell to watch as you knocked over every table to get to the one they're trying to seat you at :march:

BigTallOx 09-13-2011 08:36 PM

The article says this...

Quote:

Martin Kessman, 64, filed a lawsuit against the fast-food giant last week in Manhattan federal court, claiming that the uncomfortable booths violate the civil rights of fat people.
Fine, now I'm fat just because I can't fit in chairs. I've been told by my doctor that my scoliosis is most likely caused by my hips being confined for long periods of time while I was a school because the desks were too small. The school spent millions of dollars putting in handicap ramps into all buildings when there no students needing them, but they couldn't notice that the tall quite guy in the back needed a bigger chair. URG makes me mad, really mad sometimes.

Kuytrider 09-14-2011 01:44 AM

Someone should sue Irish buses! In leg room terms, they seem to be designed for 5ft 3 inch people and in terms of seat width, they are designed for 140 pound people. Any time I was on one of these buses, my legs and knees were very sore afterwards. Some of the buses are 30+ years old and I've been on several 4+ hour journeys with no bathroom. Rant over :)

Shadowschmadow 09-14-2011 06:35 AM

If this guy wins, it will just be another ridiculous lawsuit displaying how messed up our system is.