Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine
Default September 11th

This date means many things to us Americans. A day of tragedy, of heroism, of resolve.

At the time I was only 12, but as many, I remember that day 10 years ago as though it was yesterday. I was at middle school in my math class when rumors spread that a small plane had crashed into the WTC. Not 30 minutes passed before many students began being called out of the class by loud speaker for dismissal. All while loud speaker announcements repeated messages telling teachers not to turn on the tv-overhead projectors. Many teachers didn't listen and as a result I watched the second the second tower collapse, live.

About an hour after the rumors I was called down to the main office where my mom picked me up and brought me home. The rest of the day was spent infront of the TV and listening to my mom attempt to call friends and family who worked in the towers or in the immediate area.

I was young and shock by what I saw, but did not realize the true devastation and impact of that for sometime later.

Living relatively close to the area and with much family living in north Jersey, I knew many people deeply effected by the events. Family and family friends on both sides of the family have deep roots in city, be it working in the towers, knowing people who worked in them, first responders, and simply those who provided aid; both my father and uncle, as fire fighters, spent 1-2 weeks at ground zero - I had helped collect and load supplies at my father fire station.

Besides the acts of those directly involved, the resolve of the American people was astonishing. Our local FD had set up a relief drop off and I had helped collect and load items into waiting trucks. This local operation almost ran 24-7 with locals coming in almost constantly dropping off medical supplies, shoves, fresh water, gloves, respirators, etc. So much had been collected by our station and others, that the Red Cross was turning them down. It is something I'll never forget.

Political differences aside, we are a great people.

The point... I'd personally like to hear your stories. Where you were, what you were doing, how you felt. I'd also like to hear from those not living within the US and hear your stories and reactions. 9/11 was a blow to America but how did those of you living abroad respond to it/what did you witness.

Thank you
Kevin

Last edited by Pull14; 09-11-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links