Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler Training Routines (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=729)

Iron Gladiator 09-19-2009 07:56 AM

Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler Training Routines

Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler is known for his scientific, ever-evolving approach to bodybuilding and his physique. If something’s not working – Jay Cutler changes it. And in the case of his quest for the Mr. Olympia crown, if a routine is working, but didn’t land him the Mr. Olympia crown – Jay Cutler changes it.Jay [...]

More...

jwood 09-19-2009 10:42 AM

Man, that is soooo much volume, quite intimidating.

BendtheBar 09-19-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 5465)
Man, that is soooo much volume, quite intimidating.

:ditto:

But with a gut his big, I'd be more intimated by just trying to wipe my rear.

jwood 09-19-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 5466)
:ditto:

But with a gut his big, I'd be more intimated by just trying to wipe my rear.

LOL, that is hilarious!

glwanabe 09-19-2009 11:48 AM

The big problem with somebody seeing how much volume the pro's use is not connecting the dots. A pro level BB athlete's training volume is like a marathon runner, compared to a sprinter.

New lifters are like sprinters, short intense sessions that stimulate the body, and start a conditioning process. As you progress in strength and conditioning, you reach a point where compared to a runner your running longer and longer races. The top level BB pro's are like marathoners in their training conditioning .

Unfortunately, some beginner see's that routine, and tries to do it, only to fail, with a large ?. Then there is also the added molecular enhancements.

It's interesting to see what they can do. People just need to realize that they are not that pro. Heck, I can't even do what I once could. I'm having to work my way back to where I was. Use it or lose it.

I still feel that people are to fast to abandon basic old school compound routines, and adopt complex splits.

BendtheBar 09-19-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 5468)

I still feel that people are to fast to abandon basic old school compound routines, and adopt complex splits.

You're exactly right. Steroid users need more contractions to maximize the drug. That is the nature of the compound. Few naturals will thrive on volume work.

To quote Dharkam:

Quote:

Since muscle contraction is one of the main up-regulators of androgen receptors, the harder your muscle contracts, the more androgen receptors you'll get.
This is why volume works well with steroids. They amplify the effects of the drug. Intense muscle contractions are also helpful for steroid routines.

Naturals just need progression with heavy compound movements, and very little else.