Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

In case you didn't see it, this is a pretty good summary of the President's speech:

Obama asks $450B to lift economy, mostly tax cuts - Yahoo! News

50% increase over the original estimate of $300 billion to a whopping $450.

The speech itself sounded more than anything like campaigning and tried to make himself out as one of the few responsible politicians. I wasn't impress --- I am of course biased.

I am still 100% skeptical. Huge tax cuts that I do believe will help a little, but this late in the game with the economy this bad, they won't do much. This half trillion dollar price tag will be paid for, by adding that number to the 1.3 trillion in gov't cuts the "super committee" will be responsible for. 1.3 trillion was already a huge number thrown on the laps of a very politicized bunch of folks... an additional $.45 trillion... hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
This is a part that I do not understand. We will extend the amount of time we pay folks not to work, with the hope that they will work and may someday stimulate the economy?
Funny you mention that. O's new plan is calling for a 12 month extension on unemployment.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links