What's in your gym bag?
Thought this might be quite a fun thread if people get involved. So, as the title says, what's in your gym bag? What necessities do you take with you when you play the iron game and get ready to tear it up?
As I created the thread I should participate, so here's a list of things currently occupying my bag that I take to the gym every day (well, it was until a homemade protein shake leaked and ruined my bag, now I'm using a crappy rucksack until I can be bothered to replace it):
I have a BIG kit bag that I take to the gym, mostly because I can't be bothered to unpack and repack every time. In the bag I have:
- Caffeine tab's for pre-training boost
- Deep heat because I'm old and feel it
- iPod in case I have to train alone
- Loose change to buy food supplies
- Protein shaker
- Logbook and pen: ESSENTIAL to make sure that I track my exercises in rotation and make sure I beat the last PB
- Squat shoes used for all squats and flat bench
- Converse for deadlifting
- Regular flat soled trainers (Puma Dallas, blue, thanks for asking) for everything else
- 13mm, single prong lifting belt for lifting heavy things
- Drawstring bag containing wrists wraps (various pairs from old to new, short and thin to long and thick), lifting straps, baby powder (meet only) and fat gripz
- Canvass bag containing bands (reds, blues and greens) and masking tape to mark lines on the floor if my feet are getting out of line
- Chalk box also containing smelling salts
- Lifting suit (leotard) for judging depth on heavy squats and for pulling big and avoiding having my hands catch on my thighs
- Long socks for deadlifting
- Beanies because I am bald and like to train in a hat in winter
I think that's it. I also have bench press boards in the boot of my car :)
Wow, you guys go hard with this gym bag stuff. I've got a set of straps, that never really get used, and a bag of chalk. All a man really needs. :D
Pair of Rogue Do-Wins
Pair of Chuck Taylors
Change of clothes
Bottle of Scivation XTend for sipping between sets
Bottle of ice water + ziplock bag of protein powder for after workout
Sheet of shelf liner
Ziplock bag of chalk
Large ab strap
Couple of stretch bands
13mm double prong belt for lifting heavy stuff
Sometimes a swimsuit
Notebook & pen
I usually throw some food in my bag as well as I sometimes get peckish during a massive session!
I train at home so most of my stuff is in my training room with my buddies which never shut-up when I am training (I have two of these):
I bring the nylon adjustable shoulder strap from my lap top bag, and use it to do Weighted Pull-ups and Weighted Elevated Push-ups.
My workout progression log: Which also contains, previous workouts, dietary parameters, work out calender, etc
Also bought another weight stacker a few months ago: (now I have two, I got tired of the plates laying around the Squat rack/Bench set, lol)
Before work out, I usually drink a several cups of coffee, a Protein/carb drink, and several glasses of water. And before commencement, I bring about 4 large glasses of water. I take no supplements other than Whey/Casien Powder, Fish oil, flax oil, and fiber-powder.
And, the most important thing, is I bring my sons Quentin (22, and 235 pounds, and Dustin (26, and 240ish pounds) with me to the gym on a regular basis, to work out with the old man.
Nothing special. Pretty basic and simple, and served extremely well.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.