Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AthleteCreator's Blog Thread (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725)

AthleteCreator 09-18-2009 07:43 AM

AthleteCreator's Blog Thread

Rather than starting a new thread everytime I post something new in the correlating forum, I figured just one main thread would be sufficient. So, any time I write something new, I'll post up the link here. In general though, you can always just click my sig and it will take you to the main site.

About my blog: it is kind of modeled after T-nation in that I cover everything from a weakening society, weakening of men, style, strength sports, nutrition, random off-topic stuff, and lastly, my transformation from Electrical Engineer to Personal Trainer to Gym owner.

I'm still bush league in that I only average 200 visitors/day, but I have had a few top names stop by and give positive feedback. I don't run any ads yet so I'm not making any money whatsoever, which is why I'm not marketing the shit out of it.

Anyways, here's my latest two posts just to kick things off, feel free to click around though!

I posted this one in a thread all by itself because I was looking for criticism on the program I put together. Feel free to let me know what you think:

Athlete Creator Get Jacked in only 2 Days per Week!

I posted this one on Tuesday night this week. It is BY FAR my most popular post. Like I said, I average 200 visitors/day, but yesterday I had over 500 people read it!! It was getting retweeted all over twitterland and my facebook account has been bombarded. I pretty much told the entire nation of women they are retarded and needed to re-think their training strategies. Some liked it. Some didn't. lol. But, I'm pretty sure that article is going to lead me to my first ever weekend bootcamp. Sweeeeeeet.

Athlete Creator Hey, Chics, You’re Doing it Wrong!

Enjoy!!

BendtheBar 09-18-2009 07:51 AM

The chics post was a very good read. I see one of the comments wanted a workout. Wait until she receives the dreaded exercises known as heavy compounds.

That separates the toned from the tone deaf.

glwanabe 09-18-2009 08:16 AM

Hey Chics thread!!!

Loved it!!

glwanabe 09-18-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 5392)
Wait until she receives the dreaded exercises known as heavy compounds.

Not heavy compounds, NOOOO. In only 3 weeks she will be more jacked than Bev Francis was. :banghead:

Oh, I have a question. These heavy compounds you talk about. Will these make me sweat a lot? I don't like to sweat, got anything thats easy?;)

I saw this commercial that said they could get me toned,:thrasher: in about 15 minutes a day. Can your program do that for me?

BendtheBar 09-18-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 5395)
Not heavy compounds, NOOOO. In only 3 weeks she will be more jacked than Bev Francis was. :banghead:

Oh, I have a question. These heavy compounds you talk about. Will these make me sweat a lot? I don't like to sweat, got anything thats easy?;)

I saw this commercial that said they could get me toned,:thrasher: in about 15 minutes a day. Can your program do that for me?

My wife is like that. She wants to get toned. And all she ever wants to do are squats and abs. She works out once a week on the average...just long enough to remind her how much she hates working out with free weights.

If I had fluffy machines that had 10 pound plates, she would be in heaven.

AthleteCreator 09-18-2009 10:17 AM

lol. My suggestions: buy her a bosu ball, some pink dumbbells, and some sort of ab machine. She'll love you forever.

glwanabe 09-18-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 5396)
My wife is like that. She wants to get toned. And all she ever wants to do are squats and abs. She works out once a week on the average...just long enough to remind her how much she hates working out with free weights.

If I had fluffy machines that had 10 pound plates, she would be in heaven.

Sir, does that machine come in pink?

BendtheBar 09-18-2009 10:47 AM

Lol pink!

We have one of those cute Easter colored balls. We just need the pink dumbbells and lifting gloves.

AthleteCreator 09-18-2009 03:17 PM

I've been thinking about this meet for so long, I jotted down a brief summary of my feelings about this crazy game we love to play.

Athlete Creator Of Men and Iron

BendtheBar 09-18-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthleteCreator (Post 5428)
I've been thinking about this meet for so long, I jotted down a brief summary of my feelings about this crazy game we love to play.

Athlete Creator Of Men and Iron

I think the most terrifying word you'll ever hear is the command to lift at your first meet.