Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam View Post
I believe in honesty. That's why I was open from the start with you guys. I'm not trying to change topic, but how does a 330 lb lineman run a sub 6 sec 40? I'm starting to think more people than we think are on something illegal. Skip is a turd no doubt.
The NFL is such a sham. I would wager that 90% are on HGH, because the testing is non-existent. And ever seen Adrian Peterson's body?

He's 6'1" (probably 6 or 5'11" the way sports teams lie), and a ripped 217. In the top picture, you can see that he would only need to lose several pounds to compete in a bodybuilding contest. So that would make him at least 15 pounds heavier then the natural Mr. O.

Hmmm????

If he truly is 6'1", then he would be at or slightly above his natural mass potential. So it's possible he's natural....

In addition, all the football sites have him at 217. that probably was his weight out of college. Maybe?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-18-2009 at 09:34 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #12
Mauler97
New Brawn
Points: 1,068, Level: 17 Points: 1,068, Level: 17 Points: 1,068, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Mauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributor

Well I'm going to have to defend AD, this past year he wasnted to bulk up to 230lbs. It was his plan. However he came into camp back at 217lbs. If he was prone to taking HGH he would have been 230lbs. I highly doubt he has ever taken drugs. He was practically the same size in high school. I have a college magazine from way back where he was the #1 rated High School player and they list him at 6'2 215lbs.

Ever see Unbreakable? While I don't think there are"super heroes" out there I do beleive there are genetic freaks. I beleive in balance or ying/yang whatever you want to call it. If there are some guys who are on one end of the spectrum there will be guys at the other end.

Also while AD is totally ripped, he isn't nearly as big as Michael Pitman or Thomas Jones

The Spike Diet is my dream come true. 20 years of yo-yo dieting is now at an end, and I am now finally able to follow a plan for the rest of my life that will keep me fit and not deprive myself of the foods I love.

Please visit www.spikediet.com for more information.
Mauler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97 View Post

Ever see Unbreakable? While I don't think there are"super heroes" out there I do beleive there are genetic freaks.
Mauler...he might be natural. Just speculating. It all depends on his true height.

But the science used to determine max natural potential was taken from data on the genetic freaks...300 champions from the last 50 years. It's impossible to exceed this data by more then several pounds. No natural bodybuilder has ever done it.

In fact, the data and formulas are so accurate, they can generally be used to predict what a champions weight will be. They predicted the following with amazing accuracy:

Bodybuilder Actual Weight Predicted Weight
Clarence Ross 198 198.1
John Farbotnik 195 195.4
George Eiferman 195 194.0
Reg Park 214 214.3
John Grimek 203 203.8
Jack Delinger 195 194.9
Steve Reeves 214 214.0
Current World Champ. "A" 170 170.0
Current World Champ. "B" 168 167.5
Current Nat. 1st Place "A" 190 190.4
Current Nat. 1st Place "B" 185 185.3

Here is some heavy reading

http://muscleandbrawn.com/2009/01/de...ing-potential/

http://www.weightrainer.net/potential.html

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-18-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #14
Mauler97
New Brawn

Mauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributorMauler97 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Mauler...he might be natural. Just speculating. It all depends on his true height.

But the science used to determine max natural potential was taken from data on the genetic freaks...300 champions from the last 50 years. It's impossible to exceed this data by more then several pounds. No natural bodybuilder has ever done it.

In fact, the data and formulas are so accurate, they can generally be used to predict what a champions weight will be. They predicted the following with amazing accuracy:

Bodybuilder Actual Weight Predicted Weight
Clarence Ross 198 198.1
John Farbotnik 195 195.4
George Eiferman 195 194.0
Reg Park 214 214.3
John Grimek 203 203.8
Jack Delinger 195 194.9
Steve Reeves 214 214.0
Current World Champ. "A" 170 170.0
Current World Champ. "B" 168 167.5
Current Nat. 1st Place "A" 190 190.4
Current Nat. 1st Place "B" 185 185.3

Here is some heavy reading

Determining Natural Bodybuilding Potential | Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

The WeighTrainer - Your Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements
I read your article on natural potential and I loved it, and the one on bodybuilding arm size. In fact I printed both off and put them up in my gym. I don't feel bad about my 16 inch guns anymore...lol

I'm only defending AD because I love the guy, he's amazing on the field and seems like a great kid off. I do believe he is 6'1+ He just looks tall and I don't want to believe he is artifical in any way.

I am a much bigger NCAA fan anyway and I do think there a quite a few NFL stars who have taken drugs like Shawne Merriaman I just don't think AD is one of them.
The Spike Diet is my dream come true. 20 years of yo-yo dieting is now at an end, and I am now finally able to follow a plan for the rest of my life that will keep me fit and not deprive myself of the foods I love.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97 View Post

I'm only defending AD because I love the guy, he's amazing on the field and seems like a great kid off. I do believe he is 6'1+ He just looks tall and I don't want to believe he is artifical in any way.

I am a much bigger NCAA fan anyway and I do think there a quite a few NFL stars who have taken drugs like Shawne Merriaman I just don't think AD is one of them.
No worries. I was playing devil's advocate. He's definitely gifted with good genetics.

It's so hard to tell what is truth and what isn't in sports. And so easy for us to assume the worst in this era. I'm guilty of that often.

And sorry, this can be such a heated topic...I didn't know you were familiar with the data.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #16
Mauler97
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
No worries. I was playing devil's advocate. He's definitely gifted with good genetics.

It's so hard to tell what is truth and what isn't in sports. And so easy for us to assume the worst in this era. I'm guilty of that often.

And sorry, this can be such a heated topic...I didn't know you were familiar with the data.
No worries, seeing you are from Wisconsin I don't want to get into a border battle with the Vikes and Pack.

I will say this;

I really like Aaron Rodgers, he's a a true professional with all the Favre stuff he went through I think he had every right to get pissy and he didn't. On top of that he is a great QB. That is about the nicest thing I am allowed to say about a Packer.

I don't really know very much at all about competitions or steroids but when I saw the topic and the picture of Skip I knew there was no way he was 100% natural.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #17
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Brawn
Points: 3,859, Level: 39 Points: 3,859, Level: 39 Points: 3,859, Level: 39

Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!

Listen to me now...or hear me later!

Skip LaCour is a girly man!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #18
TitanWIP
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

TitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good posts

Do we really need another Skip Lacour is not natural thread?
TitanWIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #19
meathead

meathead is off to a bad start
Default I think he is natural

Skip lifts big, which means big muscles, and i think its quite possible that he is clean. Amzing things can be done with determination, and in my opinion he's clean. I've gotten big without steroids, and i'm continuing to grow.
meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead View Post
Skip lifts big, which means big muscles, and i think its quite possible that he is clean. Amzing things can be done with determination, and in my opinion he's clean. I've gotten big without steroids, and i'm continuing to grow.
Welcome to the forum meathead.

What's your height, weight and approx. bodyfat?

The primary issue with natural bodybuilders is that their testosterone levels limit how big they can get. I recommend this article:

Determining Natural Bodybuilding Potential

The summary is that the lean body mass of over 300 natural champions from the last 60+ years was studied. From this study, a formula was derived. The conclusion of this study was that it is possible to determine how big natural can get within several pounds.

Skip isn't just exceeding his prediction by one or two pounds, he's exceeding his predictions by dozens of pounds.