Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Shoulder is messed up! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=718)

jwood 09-17-2009 10:58 AM

Shoulder is messed up!

Landed on my shoulder really weird at rugby practice yesterday and it instantly tightened up and this morning the pain was unbearable. I went to the campus doctor and he says that it looks like a stage 2 separation of the AC joint. Which is the joint on top of the shoulder.

I just got done getting an X-ray, but that will probably not show much, and the healing time varies for everyone. I am not a happy camper to say the least, looks like I will be taking some time off for now.

BendtheBar 09-17-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 5319)
Landed on my shoulder really weird at rugby practice yesterday and it instantly tightened up and this morning the pain was unbearable. I went to the campus doctor and he says that it looks like a stage 2 separation of the AC joint. Which is the joint on top of the shoulder.

I just got done getting an X-ray, but that will probably not show much, and the healing time varies for everyone. I am not a happy camper to say the least, looks like I will be taking some time off for now.

Sorry to hear that Jwood. Injuries on this forum are insane lately...sporked backs, split thumbs, fubared eye sockets and separated shoulders.

Get well...and fast.

It seems every time I get knee deep in a powerlifting cycle, something goes wrong.

Any clue as to when you can start playing with the weights again?

jwood 09-17-2009 11:19 AM

No clue as of now but I think it will be a while, at least a month. But I will probably be able to do some leg machine work and hopefully this heals up fast.

BendtheBar 09-17-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 5322)
No clue as of now but I think it will be a while, at least a month. But I will probably be able to do some leg machine work and hopefully this heals up fast.

I have a bud who played rugby until he was 30. He was always injured. I've never played. That sport has to be seriously hardcore.

jwood 09-17-2009 01:20 PM

Rugby equals injuries. Sometimes it just does not seem like it is worth it to play, but it is a lot of fun when you can stay healthy. I do not plan on continuing to play after college and this injury could pretty much end my career depending how long it takes to heal. I would really rather focus on my lifting which was going so well until now, but I will be able to lift again.

It is a very hardcore sport and it involves a lot of pain.

bwys61 09-17-2009 06:06 PM

I had a slight separation my senior year of high school. played with the pain and never got an xray(good thing you did). 2 years later when it was bothering me, they x-rayed it and it showed an AC process break and how it grew back upside down. It still bothers me periodically, mainly lateral raises. I have just learned to deal with it. it doesn't affect my strength, but it messes with me mentally

jwood 09-17-2009 06:51 PM

I thought it was a good idea, because i separated my other shoulder 2 years ago and it went from a minor separation to almost needing surgery because i did not let it heal. It turned into being almost a 6 month injury which really sucked and made me miserable.

glwanabe 09-18-2009 06:39 AM

Sorry man, that sucks.

At least you got injured doing something manly.

jwood 09-18-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 5390)
Sorry man, that sucks.

At least you got injured doing something manly.

LOL, thanks man, I just wish it happened in a game and not practice.

BendtheBar 09-18-2009 11:07 AM

Just use it to your advantage with the women this weekend :)