Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Article Fail (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7111)

ricka182 08-19-2011 08:33 AM

Article Fail

I saw this article from a Yahoo link. Talking about core training, and if it's even needed..

Quote:

Originally Posted by stupid yahoo article
Core strength programs target the muscles in the torso, among them major muscles most of us simply refer to as the abs and obliques, and minor muscles such as glutes, traps and lats.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't consider traps and lats minor muscles, seeing as they pretty compose the back itself...

Nor would I consider the abs a major muscle..

So muich fail Yuhoo..:thefinger:

BendtheBar 08-19-2011 08:41 AM

I would consider glutes a minor muscle either. And they didn't mention erectors or hips.

BendtheBar 08-19-2011 08:44 AM

Also reminds me of this article on LiveStrong:

How Does Saturated Fat In The Diet Affect The Level Of Cholesterol In The Blood? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Quote:

Saturated fat, found in animal products and tropical oils, does not dissolve in water. The saturated fat in your diet retains its solid form inside your body. This elevates the amount of low-density lipoprotein -- LDL or "bad" cholesterol --as well as the amount of triglycerides, another type of harmful fat, in your bloodstream. Your high-density lipoprotein -- the HDL or "good" cholesterol -- attempts to eliminate the excess fat in your arteries by shipping it to your liver for disposal. But if you include a lot of saturated fat in your diet, your HDL cholesterol can't handle the overload. Fatty deposits accumulate in your arteries, making it difficult for blood to flow freely to your vital organs.

Abaddon 08-19-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 163078)

If I'm honest, I'd have to say that I probably don't grasp all the ways in which this paragraph is bullshit.

BendtheBar 08-19-2011 09:27 AM

Read the comments that reply to the article.

No fats dissolve in water for starters.

Abaddon 08-19-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 163097)
Read the comments that reply to the article.

No fats dissolve in water for starters.

That's what I get for foruming and skimming uni texts all at once. I am retaining nothing!
LOLs at this though:
Quote:

"if saturated fat hangs out in big unbreakable blocks in your stomach, how does it get to your bloodstream? Little elves with hammer and chisel?"
Read more: How Does Saturated Fat In The Diet Affect The Level Of Cholesterol In The Blood? | LIVESTRONG.COM

BendtheBar 08-19-2011 09:37 AM

Little ways article authors slant text and headlines to push agendas and demonize things they don't believe in.

That, or it just might be ignorance.

The fat dissolving issue is easy to miss. It's like a word puzzle or a riddle. Most people won't notice. I didn't notice it at first.

Abaddon 08-19-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 163106)
Little ways article authors slant text and headlines to push agendas and demonize things they don't believe in.

That, or it just might be ignorance.

The fat dissolving issue is easy to miss. It's like a word puzzle or a riddle. Most people won't notice. I didn't notice it at first.

Life is a learning curve. There's no such thing as intellectual completeness.

BendtheBar 08-19-2011 10:09 AM

One can only be a servant to the entire truth, as best they know it.

If you live in a box, life is...life in a box.