Crazy things you see in the gym
What's the craziest thing you've seen in the gym?
While not completely crazy this morning I saw a woman walking backwards on a treadmill doing a circuit of upper body dumbbell exercises using 2 pounds.
A lady doing rotator cuff dumbbell work while balancing on a bosu ball:
An old guy carrying a big granite tombstone around his yard...oh wait, that was me.
I workout alone, so not too many good stories. It's nice not having to watch a circus every day but the owner is a jerk...oh wait, that's me again.
Have to call you the Undertaker.
I was training at a gym in Edinburgh just before the Millenium festival. There was this skinny little fella on the Leg Press machine. He was making a big show of it legs wide apart making huge screaming noises, grunts, shouting, swearing you know the type, the whole deal.
After a few sets this heavy-set scottish guy walks past him and in a loud booming voice so everyone in the gym can hear shouts;
"EY LADDIE, IS IT A BOY OR A GIRL??!"
Not a gym story but related;
When I was younger I had a good friend of mine, Johnny. He was what you guys across the pond would call a "Jock" he was huge, played Rugby and loved being big strong and drunk. He also loved telling people how much his buddy (me) could lift, particularly fond of telling girls how much I could lift, how strong I am etc etc.
So anyway one night we're at a nightclub and Johnny's had a few drinks, so the conversation went like this:
Johnny (shouting over the music): Hey let me introduce you to this chick
Johnny: Hey, yeah this is my buddy Faz. He's well hard!
- Massively out of shape people doing endless low intensity cardio
- Everything on a bosu ball
- Trainer upright rowing every bench rep' off his trainee
- Quarter squats with a pussy pad
- 300kg's deadlift
- 230kg's RAW squat
- 75kg's lifter squatting 255kg's for a double
- 70kg's guy flipping 300kg's tire for 4 conseutive rep's
- Strongman cleaning and strict pressing a 50kg's dumbell AFTER clean and press 120kg's barbell
- Same guy repping 160kg's x 10 on bench
BAD are all from my old gym.
GOOD are all from my new gym.
1. I train before work a few times a week. There's a woman who's there every morning at 6, walking on a treadmill with the angle set all the way up, which would be a great workout if she weren't also holding on to the handles and tilting her body back at the same angle as the treadmill.
I always have to fight the urge to ask her what the hell she is trying to achieve.
2. Two days ago I saw a couple "working out" together. They abviously had no idea what they were doing. The woman was so confused, that she got on the assisted dip/pullup machine, put more than her bodyweight on it, and pushed herself down. She probably wondered how she was so strong, lifting such large weights.
A guy taking a drink between sets of squats. Pretty normal?
Squatting was done with only the bar. The drink was a diet pepsi.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.