Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #11
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Lift alone, but when I was living at school using the campus "fitness center" I was lucky enough to see and be distracted by ALL of the typical gym stereotypes. Among the most interesting:

-Goofy looking guy gets in the half-squat rack, removes the j-hooks and sets the safeties a little higher than shoulder higher. Throws the bar atop the safeties and loads the bar with about 200-ish. Racks the bar on shoulders, tippy-toes the bar out of the rack and a few quater squats later, tries to rack the weight back onto the much-to-high safeties. Can't get the bar high enough, squats down into full depth, sits there for about 10 seconds and just dumps the weight. Between the amazement and simply not knowing what the hell he was doing, I just watched.

-I've seen plenty of people reading while on treadmill, exercise bikes and leg machines... but there was this one girl with a huge artist sketch book, drawing a sketch or some shit while doing leg extensions.

Tons of other things... but as ridiculous as they were... I suppose typical.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
-I've seen plenty of people reading while on treadmill, exercise bikes and leg machines... but there was this one girl with a huge artist sketch book, drawing a sketch or some shit while doing leg extensions.

Tons of other things... but as ridiculous as they were... I suppose typical.
I imagine all too typical.

I had a guy dinking around on his iPad 4 feet from me once when I was doing heavy deadlift singles. He was leaning against the wall, posting Facebook updates or whatever.

It's hard for me to train around people like this. It's distracting.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #13
Szelago
44 yr bulk phase complete
Max Brawn
Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 1yr since coming back
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Leg Press
Fav Supp: Thank god for elastamine!
Szelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributor

A training partner that decides he's got to go to the men's room WHILE HE IS SPOTTING ME.
True story.
He's not my training partner anymore.

In the mirror of adversity we see what we are truly made of.
Szelago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szelago View Post
A training partner that decides he's got to go to the men's room WHILE HE IS SPOTTING ME.
True story.
He's not my training partner anymore.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #15
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Today at the gym there was this guy doing something he must have though of as a clean and press. The only odd thing was that he was using the EZ curl bar with a close grip. Bar with load was 30kgs.

Oh well...