Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #21
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
What about Bill Starr?
From what I hear, smoke signal is about the only way to get in touch with him. Would be awesome though.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
From what I hear, smoke signal is about the only way to get in touch with him. Would be awesome though.
I have some inside connections. I just have to find the right one that will allow me to find him.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #23
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
If you can find Dave Maurice, he's the most knowledgeable guy on most lifting issues that i've ever known.
X2...That would be a great addition.
But I haven't heard of him since the old Round Table days...
I did however have a chat with Sean Toohey not too long ago.

Dave Maurice used to co-write the Hardgainer Q&A as well as moderate the Hardghainer Rountable Forum.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #24
Off Road
Max Brawn

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Funny off-topic story Faz,

On another forum, somebody posted something inaccurate about Stuart McRobert. The owner of the forum piped in and said he got a correction from a guy that goes by the forum name "Dave M". I always figured that was Dave Maurice. I think he's still floating around somewhere.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
X2...That would be a great addition.
But I haven't heard of him since the old Round Table days...
I did however have a chat with Sean Toohey not too long ago.

Dave Maurice used to co-write the Hardgainer Q&A as well as moderate the Hardghainer Rountable Forum.
I was banned from the forum so that method of contact is out. (Silly reason actually)

Anyone on that forum that can tell me if he's still there? ..or by "used to" did you mean that he left?

Old 08-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #26
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

That sounds like him, Offroad.

BtB he doesn't post on there anymore, I don't think he'll be contactable.

Bill Starr seems happy enough to talk, a friend of mine went to visit him a couple years ago.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #27
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Ivan Zwick, older gentlemen here in Southern Illinois, Was going for a 351 pound bench at 148 weight class in his late 60s. Really neat guy. Not one of the names you usually hear, but he's been in the game a long time. Newspaper article
bruteforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #28
Off Road
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I was banned from the forum so that method of contact is out. (Silly reason actually)
Don't worry about it, some of the best people have been banned from there.

I asked them to remove my account years ago because I had to take a break from lifting. Now I cannot get back on there and they don't respond to emails. Instead of removing my account, they put me on the Ban List (dumb-dumbs) so I can't re-register. I have no idea if the forum is even still running, haven't heard it mentioned in some time.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #29
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Don't worry about it, some of the best people have been banned from there.

I asked them to remove my account years ago because I had to take a break from lifting. Now I cannot get back on there and they don't respond to emails. Instead of removing my account, they put me on the Ban List (dumb-dumbs) so I can't re-register. I have no idea if the forum is even still running, haven't heard it mentioned in some time.
I'm not sure either. I tried to re-register but never had my account confirmed.

I was banned for suggesting that members be allowed to exchange Blog/Facebook/Twitter links so we could better interact and build a deeper level of community. I also informed the mods that an open forum might encourage incoming links which would grow the forum.

Obviously they didn't like the idea.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #30
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I was banned for suggesting that members be allowed to exchange Blog/Facebook/Twitter links so we could better interact and build a deeper level of community. I also informed the mods that an open forum might encourage incoming links which would grow the forum.
It used to be a very active forum, and I was very active there. In fact I think I still have one of the higher post counts despite not posting in a while. Someone made the decision to be much more militant in policing the forum and a considerable number were banned leaving the place to pretty much be worthless for any real information.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote